UKC

How long to Font from Leeds?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy S 27 Mar 2017
Including Ferry or Tunnel time, can anyone give me a rough idea of how long it takes to drive to Font, 'door-to-door'?
 phizz4 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy S:

Depends on which way you go. I have done it via Dieppe, longer ferry crossing but shorter drive in France. Channel Tunnel is (usually) faster than a ferry but gives a longer drive on the other side. Also depends on time of day- the direct route via Paris is a nightmare at certain times. For me, from Birmingham, the tunnel/Dover/Folkstone ferries is between 3 and 4 hours (depends on what the M25 is like). Font from Calais is around 4 to 5 hours, again, traffic dependent.Use Google maps or Via Michelin to work out times.
 snoop6060 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy S:

10 hours would be a decent run with no issues. But traffic on m25 can cost you dearly. As can paris if you accidently get too close!
 TheGeneralist 28 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy S:

11 hours is what I usually reckon.
 lummox 28 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy S:

Generally taken us 11-12 hours. Aiming to do it with two under six year olds this time. Wish us well...
 nniff 28 Mar 2017
In reply to lummox:

Get one of the Harry Potter recordings by Stephen Fry. Perfect answer to long car journeys for all the family. The driver will probably press 'pause' while they negotiate the peripherique.
 duchessofmalfi 29 Mar 2017
In reply to nniff:

The moomins read by Hugh Laurie is much easier on the adults than Harry Potter...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...