UKC

Alternatives to Troll Omni

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lex 19 Apr 2017
Hi all,

Why do equipment manufacturers change a winning design? Like 5.10 withdrawing the pink Anasazi, Troll have mucked about with the long standing Omni trousers. The standard trousers have had the back pocket removed and the belt/strap length has been reduced (and no, its not my waist getting larger as I still fit the same size....). Pockets are as a vital part of trousers as legs are! Oh, and while I'm ranting, the front pockets on the Omni's do have a habit of letting change and small items fall out while I'm sitting down. A little deeper pockets might help.

I don't really want to get the Guide version to get a pair of trousers which have a back pocket as it has reinforced knees, which takes away from the simple, easy drying design that has proved such a good design for decades.

I've been wearing Troll Omni's for more than 20 years, but reluctantly will look for any qually light, windproof and quick drying alternatives if anyone has any suggestions?

Cheers,

Lex

Lemony 19 Apr 2017
In reply to lex:

> Why do equipment manufacturers change a winning design?

> Oh, and while I'm ranting, the front pockets on the Omni's do have a habit of letting change and small items fall out while I'm sitting down. A little deeper pockets might help.
OP lex 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Lemony:
Well... you know... apart from that....
 jethro kiernan 19 Apr 2017
In reply to lex:

Ron Hill Traxster's
OP lex 19 Apr 2017
In reply to jethro kiernan:
Oh. nice idea... but I'm already wearing a pair right now!

Admittedly as a pair of long johns under my... Troll Omnis as it happens.
Post edited at 14:31

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...