UKC

Facebook - Just a thought

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 23 Apr 2017
So, it seems there are many mind readers out there who apparently know what I'm about to post......

Have you had management training in the word ASSUME?

More sins....about current developments in glasses....

What happens if a Facebook glitch in augmented reality causes some people to become invisible in your field of vision? What if you start seeing people who aren't there?

What if a Facebook algorithm change means that people who disagree with you are literally rendered invisible? 

Facebook is now so crucial to the dialogue that we're talking about its role in global politics.

VR and augmented reality - What a great future, I'd rather stick to mountains or seas.
 Oceanrower 24 Apr 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

What the f*ck are you on about?
 BrainoverBrawn 24 Apr 2017

Nice one. So true these days.
 tehmarks 24 Apr 2017

Whatever you're on, I want some.
 Big Ger 24 Apr 2017

“O Deep Thought computer," he said, "the task we have designed you to perform is this. We want you to tell us...." he paused, "The Answer."
"The Answer?" said Deep Thought. "The Answer to what?"
"Life!" urged Fook.
"The Universe!" said Lunkwill.
"Everything!" they said in chorus.
Deep Thought paused for a moment's reflection.
"Tricky," he said finally.
"But can you do it?"
Again, a significant pause.
"Yes," said Deep Thought, "I can do it."
"There is an answer?" said Fook with breathless excitement.
"Yes," said Deep Thought. "Life, the Universe, and Everything. There is an answer. But, I'll have to think about it."
 Stichtplate 24 Apr 2017

> What if a Facebook algorithm change means that people who disagree with you are literally rendered invisible? 

What if somebody started confusing an episode or the excellent series "Black Mirror" with reality?

It's only TV ice doctor.
In reply to Oceanrower:

Never mind...... none of you are aware of Facebooks corporate developments are you? Otherwise you might understand the posting a little.
 Dave Garnett 25 Apr 2017

> Never mind...... none of you are aware of Facebooks corporate developments are you? Otherwise you might understand the posting a little.

What is this Facebook of which you speak?
 aln 25 Apr 2017

> Never mind...... none of you are aware of Facebooks corporate developments are you?

Maybe we are. If you're posting against corporate developments maybe you should make more human postings to tell us what's happening?
 Stichtplate 25 Apr 2017

> Never mind...... none of you are aware of Facebooks corporate developments are you? Otherwise you might understand the posting a little.

Hopefully Facebook will hit peak corporate over reach soon and disappear with a pop , like so many tech companies before it.

New series of Silicon Valley started last night, instead of worrying so much watch that. You could do with a good laugh.
cb294 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Come join my Luddite club, no FB, Tw*tter, Snapchat, Linkedin, etc.

Unfortunately I cannot offer a FB page with the details,, so bad luck....

CB
 aln 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Hopefully Facebook will hit peak corporate over reach soon and disappear with a pop , like so many tech companies before it.New series of Silicon Valley started last night, instead of worrying so much watch that. You could do with a good laugh.

I 'don't watch TV' but have recently started on Breaking Bad and I'm liking it. Should I watch more TV?
 Stichtplate 25 Apr 2017
In reply to aln:
Sparingly, and only the good stuff in my case. I envy you watching BB for the first time. Brilliant!
 ThunderCat 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:

I thought you meant big brother there.....
 ThunderCat 25 Apr 2017
In reply to aln:
> I 'don't watch TV' but have recently started on Breaking Bad and I'm liking it. Should I watch more TV?

Not a big TV fan but I thought bb was excellent. get it watched, and then watch the spin off ' better call Saul'
Post edited at 21:16

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...