UKC

16 year old girl argues with skinhead

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 05 May 2017

This appeared on my facebook feed.

I like her attitude about younger people needing to get involved and take notice of what's happening around them*.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39804471?ocid=socialflow_facebook&am...

*I thought the bubble floating past her head is quite cool too. Like an 'orb of goodness' or something.
nikkormat 05 May 2017
In reply to Timmd:

The far right have perhaps proportionally more support here in Czech Republic than in the UK - it certainly seems that way - and people's attitudes overall are several steps further to the right when it comes to race, so I was extremely pleased to see this photo, and to read that the counter-demonstration of which the girl was a part considerably outnumbered the fascists

Incidentally, Brno is a lovely little city and well worth a visit (for a day or two) if you're ever in the area.
 Stichtplate 05 May 2017
In reply to Timmd:

FFS why would anyone dislike this? Answers on a post please.
 nufkin 06 May 2017
In reply to Timmd:

Sixteen-year-old girls argue with everybody
OP Timmd 06 May 2017
In reply to nufkin:
I once got 3 claps of sarcastic applause from a teenage girl walking along with her friend while cycling vaguely quickly down a side road, I felt like that was how things are supposed to be, nobody is as scathing as teenagers.

We probably need to send them in large numbers to demonstrations.
Post edited at 18:37
 stevieb 06 May 2017
In reply to Timmd:

It looks like he just trying to explain to her that the heavy syncopation and vibrant brass sound makes early ska superior to ed Sheeran.
 Blue Straggler 06 May 2017
In reply to Stichtplate:
> FFS why would anyone dislike this? Answers on a post please.

Probably people bullying Timmd (and not without good reason. "Orb of goodness" FFS)
Post edited at 20:52
OP Timmd 06 May 2017
In reply to Blue Straggler:
I'm a closet hippy.

Edit: There 'was' a winky smiley to show it was tongue in cheek.
Post edited at 21:02
 Stichtplate 06 May 2017
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> Probably people bullying Timmd (and not without good reason. "Orb of goodness" FFS)

I quite liked "orb of goodness " , brought back memories of crap fantasy novels in my youth.
 Bulls Crack 06 May 2017
In reply to Timmd:

My son stood up - or rather sat down - to a Serbian neo-nazi/skinhead on a train to Belgrade a couple of years ago. He'd booked a seat but found it occupied by this sizeable twunt but faced him down despite being skinny and fairly short.

He does however have a rigid sense of fairness and likes his comforts.

I'd probably have slunk off somewhere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...