UKC

President Macron ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Doug 07 May 2017
Tribune de Genève has Macron leading by 60+ % so seems likely he'll be the next French president. Glad to see that Le Pen has been defeated but much will depend on the elections to the Assemblé in June.
 fried 07 May 2017
In reply to Doug:

Where does this paper get the information from? I'll wait to 8pm for the official result.
OP Doug 07 May 2017
In reply to fried:

Not sure, but they've been correct to witin +/- 1% for the last few presidential elections. Seems the Belgium press is saying the same.
 fried 07 May 2017
In reply to Doug:

Just curious if the figures get leaked from official sources or they just have a guess using latest opinion polls
In reply to Doug:

He does seem like a nice bloke, taking his Mum along to all those public events.
 summo 07 May 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> He does seem like a nice bloke, taking his Mum along to all those public events.

Yeah. Really genuine, a politician wouldn't do anything like that just to draw in the grey vote. They are far too honourable .
 mbh 07 May 2017

Nasty Melania for making her Dad do it all by himself. The age gap is about the same.
 mbh 07 May 2017
In reply to Doug:

Liberation reminding us that it was 82%/18% when it was Chirac against Jean-Marie Le Pen, and telling us that they, Le Monde and other news outlets will not be covering the FN's election soiree.
 Yanis Nayu 07 May 2017
In reply to summo:

I think his wife is older than him - the comment you replied to was a piss take.
 summo 07 May 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I think his wife is older than him - the comment you replied to was a piss take.

I see.
OP Doug 07 May 2017
In reply to mbh:

Liberation & Le Monde (& maybe others) are not attending because the FN have banned some of the media
Jim C 07 May 2017
> He does seem like a nice bloke, taking his Mum along to all those public events.

Or is he is a gay/bisexual cocaine user ,depends on who you believe.

Post edited at 19:54
 broken spectre 07 May 2017
In reply to Doug:

Common sense prevails at last! Well done France.
 john arran 07 May 2017
In reply to broken spectre:

If only we could have a second round too
 mbh 07 May 2017

In 2002, a fascist candidate got through to the second round and lost with 18% of the vote. This time, the fascist candidate lost again, but with 34.5% of the vote, according to Liberation.
 mbh 07 May 2017

11.5 million French people have voted for the FN.
 broken spectre 07 May 2017
In reply to mbh:

Yes, it's not so rosy when you put it like that.
 MrsBuggins 07 May 2017
In reply to Doug:

> Glad to see that Le Pen has been defeated but much will depend on the elections to the Assemblé in June.

Idiot
Jim C 07 May 2017
In reply to mbh:
> 11.5 million French people have voted for the FN.

The commentators are warning against him becoming a lame duck, as the support he has from the voters may not be so easy to get from the french politicians he needs to make the changes he has promised. If he fails then that 11.5 million may increase is the warning, and maybe that will be enough to persuade others to support his policies, but not necessarily because they agree with them though.
Post edited at 22:36
 Jon Stewart 07 May 2017
In reply to Jim C:

> Or is he is a gay/bisexual cocaine user ,depends on who you believe.

A nice bloke *or* a gay/bisexual cocaine user...obviously, one could not be both (although I must admit, most of the cocaine users I've known have been total bell-ends).
 Pete Pozman 07 May 2017
In reply to Jim C:

Perhaps right thinking people are beginning to wake up to the dreadful danger of fascism and conflict. What possible good reason could Putin have for supporting French fascists? And what on earth does Farage want with them? Trump and Le Pen both cite Brexit as an inspiration. This is who you are lining up with if you support the "patriotic" agenda.
Jim C 11 May 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:

You are quite right,my post was clumsy, I know some very nice gay people( family and friends)
I don't know coke heads, and not in a hurry to do so.
Jim C 11 May 2017
In reply to summo:

> Yeah. Really genuine, a politician wouldn't do anything like that just to draw in the grey vote. They are far too honourable .

Marrying a much older woman will get him the grey vote ( of older women)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...