UKC

Goyt Valley - one way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I know that there is a one way system for cars in the Goyt Valley, but which way can you go? Is it up from Errwood to Derbyshire Bridge or the other way round?
 ThunderCat 02 Jul 2017
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Errwood to Derbyshire bridge
In reply to ThunderCat:
Thanks
 Monk 02 Jul 2017

Worth bearing in mind that it is completely closed to motor vehicles on Sundays and bank holidays in summer.
In reply to Monk:
Thanks - I am planning a trip there mid next week so I hope it will be open.
 ThunderCat 02 Jul 2017

Nice part of the world that. I found it by accident whilst pootling around on the bike...
In reply to ThunderCat:
I lived in Macclesfield as a kid and went to the Goyt before Errwood was flooded - I have vivid memories of splashing about in the freezing cold stream. It was a revelation to visit several years later and see it flooded.
 ThunderCat 02 Jul 2017

When I first started biking I used Wythenshawe to Whalley bridge as my first long distance target. Only 15 miles and it was along the A6 so a horrible route. Pressed on to Buxton over Long Road (think that's what they call it...goes past Fernilee? )

Did that route a couple of times...eventually decided to find out what the sign pointing towards 'goyt valley' involved. Love it.
 abr1966 02 Jul 2017
In reply to ThunderCat:

Be careful on the one way as at night there are often youths in cars going the wrong way down it and there are some blind bends! Had a few scares riding towards Derbyshire bridge and cars coming the other way!!
 Chris the Tall 03 Jul 2017

A beautiful road which is an absolute joy to ride up on a bike, pity we can't have more roads made traffic-free once a week
 Marek 03 Jul 2017
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Are there any other regularly traffic-free roads like the Goyt in the UK?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...