/ Climbing in Europe without a car

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L Maja - on 12 Jul 2017
Hi friends!

I'm looking for a good place to go climbing in Europe in late July/early August, however I won't have a car... Can't afford to rent one either since I've been on the road for 7 months already. Any beta on places to go that has reasonable temperatures + is within walking distance of a guesthouse/campground? Or a place where it's easy (ish) to hitch hike to the crags. I climb French grade 6a-6c and my partners from 5s to low 7s, sport or bouldering! Any advice is much appreciated!!

Cheers, Maja
Toerag - on 12 Jul 2017
In reply to Maja:

You could come to Guernsey. All the crags are within a 10 minute walk of the main round island road with buses every 30 minutes or so. La Baillotterie campsite is on a main bus route. No sport, only seacliff trad and headland bouldering. We can lend you mats. Or you can hire bikes and camp at Fauxquets valley which is 10-20 minutes ride from the crags. It's a shame you'll miss our climbing festival at the end of August. www.gmc.org.gg
Matt Amos - on 12 Jul 2017
In reply to Toerag:

If I wanted to browse ukc for the best Guernsey had to offer which crags would you point me too?
Toerag - on 13 Jul 2017
In reply to Matt Amos:
Pleinmont Point, Gull Zawn, La Congrelle, Mont Herault area, Le Bigard main cliff. Not all routes are on UKC, so check out the online guidebook on the GMC site as well (and even that isn't finished either).
Post edited at 01:32
L Maja - on 13 Jul 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks for a good recommendation but I don't climb much trad just yet .. For the future!
ThunderBeest - on 13 Jul 2017
In reply to Maja:

Go to Spain, Siurana, El Chorro, everything is close to the campsites and in general the entire Europe is easy to hitchhike. The question is more wether or not it is too hot there..
tmawer - on 13 Jul 2017
In reply to Maja:

Britain remains in europe for the time being, so how about basing yourself around Settle or Portland for the British summer?
tjekel - on 13 Jul 2017
In reply to Maja:

Omis, Croatia ... camping and sea and walkin all on foot, and shady crags availlable.

Orgon, southern France, shade availlable, still hot.

Alpine stuff with huts/camping

*Muttejopfhütte
*Horpurglhütte (both Austria)

Cinque Torre, Dolomites

Just some suggestions ...
slowmotion on 19:13 Sun
In reply to Maja:

Hi,

I'm flying to Barcelona 30th July and hiring a car. I'm heading to Rodellar and returning 9th August. Happy to give you a lift and share some of the cost!!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.