UKC

Rasmussen - 10 years after

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris the Tall 21 Jul 2017
Can I recommend this podcast

https://soundcloud.com/the-cycling-podcast/kilometre-0-ten-years-after

Sometimes you say "was that really 10 years ago, it seems more recent", but this is the opposite, it seems to be from a very differant era and far more than 10 years ago that Rasmussen was kicked off the tour by his own team.

Ho doesn't deny doping, but rather denies there was anything wrong with it - it wasn't cheating because everyone was doing it. He regarded the whereabouts rule as a licence to dope at least twice a year !

Not much sympathy with him, but his final point is telling. His first tour was 98, with the Festina affair. Shouldn't this have been the start of a change ? No - the riders strike made it clear they weren't interested in riding clean
 Nevis-the-cat 21 Jul 2017
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Listened to it this morning.

He makes a point that there was a tokenism to the drugs testing and sanctions, but he was wearing his special Whataboutery Hat in that interview.

His excuse is akin to complaining about finding the body in the boot when he was only stopped for speeding.
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:

> His excuse is akin to complaining about finding the body in the boot when he was only stopped for speeding.

Excellent way of putting it !
 Loughan 21 Jul 2017
In reply to Chris the Tall:
One of the few Cycling Podcast releases i've had to stop listening to as I just couldn't stand Rasmussen's frustrating stance. Not the CP fault though. An excellent podcast and i'd suggest becoming a friend of the podcast to support them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...