UKC

The End of Humanity

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 26 Jul 2017
Apparently the reducing sperm count in male human will lead to humanity becoming extinct.
In terms of the Earth's environment will this be such a bad thing? Of course we won't be around to benefit from it.
 jkarran 26 Jul 2017
In reply to FesteringSore:

> Apparently the reducing sperm count in male human will lead to humanity becoming extinct.

Perhaps certain sections of human society if the trend remains unchecked.

> In terms of the Earth's environment will this be such a bad thing? Of course we won't be around to benefit from it.

Extinctions are a fact of life on Earth, ours will be too, they're not good or bad.
jk
OP FesteringSore 26 Jul 2017
In reply to jkarran:
> Extinctions are a fact of life on Earth, ours will be too, they're not good or bad.

> jk
Fully agree but there are, no doubt, many who will be going round wringing their hands and saying how terrible it will be if humans become extinct, as if humanity is the be all and end all of everything on earth - if you follow me. I can think of a few prominent people who probably think along those lines.
Post edited at 10:40

Bloody millennials, even their spunk is lazy
 brianjcooper 26 Jul 2017

> Apparently the reducing sperm count in male human will lead to humanity becoming extinct.

At the rate we are currently plundering the environment we will become extinct before sperm count becomes an issue.
 wercat 26 Jul 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

It's all those chemical nappies they use now, boys in long trousers rather than shorts and of course soya in bread!
 GrahamD 26 Jul 2017

Doesn't sound as though its a particularly wide proportion of the world's population and certainly not a particularly wide demographic there:

"Researchers assessing the results of nearly 200 studies say sperm counts among men from North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, seem to have halved in less than 40 years."
 Billhook 26 Jul 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I read up on this only one sperm is required. I'm sure we've got plenty spare as back ups......
Rigid Raider 26 Jul 2017

Who funded this sperm count? Create Fertility clinics?

We will all just have to become more efficient, like Chris Boardman who when ribbed about his large family riposted: "I've got six kids.... but I've only had sex six times in my life. It's just that I'm very efficient."
 GarethSL 26 Jul 2017

> In terms of the Earth's environment will this be such a bad thing?

To be honest I don't think the earth gives a shit.
 kipper12 26 Jul 2017
In reply to Dave Perry:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I read up on this only one sperm is required. I'm sure we've got plenty spare as back ups......

Apparently not, human males, though you wouldn't know it from our population hover on the brink of infertility, something around a 5% decrease may be enough to render a human male. In contrast, a rat can take a 95% decrease before they become infertile, now that's a reserve tank!

The issue of human sperm count decreases is nothing new, and it is not exactly clear if it is real at all, and if it is, we've no idea of the cause. For some it is the so called gender bending chemicals!
Lusk 26 Jul 2017

Women will soon (if not already) be able to breed without men, so, womanitity will live on.
Don't know who they'll get to do all the crap jobs for them though.
Pan Ron 26 Jul 2017
In reply to kipper12:

I blame heavy metal music and the end of national service.
 bouldery bits 26 Jul 2017

It's not the quantity, it's the quality.

i'd rather have 4000 Adam Peaty's than 8000 Keith Lemons's.
Lusk 26 Jul 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

KL
Why is his right wrist always bandaged?
Or is that the joke?
 bouldery bits 26 Jul 2017
In reply to Lusk:

It's part of the humour.
All of my posts are carefully crafted, multi-layered pockets of distilled wit and incisive satire.

Humanity's always in short supply under the Tories. They've got rid of so much else that it's no surprise they've got rid of humanity too.

T.
 elliott92 26 Jul 2017
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Only on ukc could someone make something like this about politics.
 Bitsofdeadtree 26 Jul 2017

Judging by the sock on the bedroom floor of my brothers bedroom, I find this hard to believe.
 FactorXXX 26 Jul 2017

i'd rather have 4000 Adam Peaty's than 8000 Keith Lemons's.

Do they taste the same?
In reply to elliott92:

Rather playing up to the site's strengths: guilty as charged.

T.
 birdie num num 27 Jul 2017

Uckers should hearten themselves with the thought that within each one of them there is some num num.
The num nums have more tenacity than the cockroach and have, for decades, been liberally spraying their spermatozoa, without exception, throughout the uk community.
 jonnie3430 27 Jul 2017

Sign of the times. If all you're doing is getting up, sitting in rush hour, getting envious of some pricks car, sitting in front of a laptop all day driving yourself to beat the office performance target, then sitting in traffic all the way home, it's hardly surprising that you don't want to pass it on to someone else.

It's not exactly getting the killing strike on a mammoth. Climbers I assume are bucking this trend.
 Wainers44 27 Jul 2017
In reply to birdie num num:

.....liberally spraying their spermatozoa, without exception...

You must get through a lot of tissues?
 Michael Hood 27 Jul 2017

I suspect that by the time this becomes a real problem, we'll be producing embryos genetically from any two cells.

Might mean extinction of men though
 GrahamD 27 Jul 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

Not until we've perfected automatic reverse parking.

Oh bugger...
Jim C 27 Jul 2017
In reply to GrahamD:
> Doesn't sound as though its a particularly wide proportion of the world's population and certainly not a particularly wide demographic there:

> "Researchers assessing the results of nearly 200 studies say sperm counts among men from North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, seem to have halved in less than 40 years."

Plenty of healthy sperm out there as you point out, we can just issue a visa( work permit) for migrants to come in to impregnate our females. ( or order some online( turkey Baster included)
Post edited at 09:14
 bouldery bits 27 Jul 2017
In reply to FactorXXX:

> i'd rather have 4000 Adam Peaty's than 8000 Keith Lemons's.

> Do they taste the same?

One's citrusy and one's more sort of peaty.

So I'm told.
 FactorXXX 27 Jul 2017

One's citrusy and one's more sort of peaty.

Which ones which?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...