UKC

Frome Valley Sandstone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deepstar 29 Jul 2017
Just received my copy of the new Great Western Rock guidebook, Frome Valley Sandstone and I'm very impressed with it. Fantastic photos and some witty and informative text, Mark has put a great deal of effort into it and it should go a long way to popularising this lovely, if esoteric venue. Well done to all who were involved.
 ianlaw 30 Jul 2017
In reply to deepstar:

Got my copy yesterday, along with the new Wye Valley Sport, and it is excellent. Great pictures, clear topos, interesting writing. Feeling inspired to get climbing in my local area - I live in Fishponds and walk the dogs at Snuff Mills and Oldbury all the time and I frequently look at the routes but have never climbed trad there. Can't wait!
 petegunn 30 Jul 2017
In reply to deepstar:

Does this guide cover places such as Mell's, Crosscombe, Sandford etc?
Cheers
Pete
OP deepstar 31 Jul 2017
In reply to petegunn:

> Does this guide cover places such as Mell's, Crosscombe, Sandford etc?

No, this new guide is just for the Frome Valley crags, I believe the guidebook to the crags you mention ( and others ) will be out in the new year.

ericinbristol 31 Jul 2017
Anyone:

Just picked up the new Frome Valley Sandstone guide. Some routes have fvc in a circle next the grade - I am guessing this means Frome Valley Classic - yes?

Paul Robertson 31 Jul 2017
In reply to ericinbristol:

> Just picked up the new Frome Valley Sandstone guide. Some routes have fvc in a circle next the grade - I am guessing this means Frome Valley Classic - yes?

Filthy Vegetated Choss more like

ianlaw 05 Aug 2017
In reply to deepstar:

Went for a gander at some routes today - found some nice bouldering buttresses that stay sheltered in the rain. Esoteric is the word
 nic dill 06 Aug 2017
In reply to deepstar:

How has someone made a guidebook,out of something that covered less than 20 pages (only a guess as the book ain't to hand) in the old Avon guide?
Does it cover the ring road bouldering? I'm always surprised,how you never see anyone there,when the climbing walls will be packed!
Also (probably needs a new thread) the road works has changed the walkin /parking.any locals ,want to advise on the best approach without wading the stream?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...