UKC

Frendo spur early September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Somerville 03 Aug 2017
September too late for frendo spur?

As always things vary from year to year but is September too late?

All j do and thought welcome, thanks!

Tom
 mrphilipoldham 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Somerville:

July seemed too late to do it this year.. we avoided it 3 weeks ago as the upper section looked to be in poor condition from the midi car.
 JR 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Somerville:

Looks grim, and a big chunk of the mallory fell down on Tuesday. Personally I wouldn't be going near it this summer.
 Kevin Duffy 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Somerville:

Obviously things could change in the next few weeks, but we were at the foot of the Arete des Papillons two weeks ago and that whole side of the Midi sounded like a constantly busy quarry.
 ROB W 05 Aug 2017
In reply to Somerville:

Check out Alpinerob face book page for recent pic's of Aig du Midi and Frendo Spur....they should give you an idea of the state of play out there at the moment.
OP Somerville 05 Aug 2017
In reply to JR:

Thanks, hopefully things settle.
In reply to Kevin Duffy:

Ah man, thanks for the insight.
How did you get on with the ridge. That was my first proper alpine rock route, loved It.
In reply to ROB W:

Will do! Cheers for that.
 gav p 31 Aug 2017
In reply to Somerville:

I climbed the Frendo last September in great condition. Dry rock, and hard ice on the upper section, which made for protectable climbing. It's been a difficult summer out here, with lots of rockfall danger. But a cold front is on it's way through this weekend, with much cooler temps forecast. The Frendo could still come good for September.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...