UKC

Spring trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Exocet 15 Aug 2017
Looking for a new destination for bolt clipping in mid March. Been to Sicily twice, Costa B loads of times, Mallorca, Dentelles and Chateau Verte ditto. Go to Kalymnos in May and off to Leonidio and Kyparissi in October. Needs to be non slabby, 6a to 6c. Preferably with plenty of nice featured steep stuff combined with steep walls. Ideas please.
In reply to Exocet:

Malta! Cheap flights and good weather that time of year, and literally ticks all those boxes!
OP Exocet 15 Aug 2017
In reply to taddersandbadger:

thanks

I have been told that the climbing isn't that great on Malta and Gozo. Where would you compare it with for quality?

In reply to Exocet:

I have climbed in Croatia, Spain, France, Canada and South Africa as well as all over the UK, and I would say it rates as a worthy destination next to most of, if not all of those. The rock type is limestone and at your grades there is plenty to go on.
As with all these places the "quality" is more to do with the quality of the guide book, rather than the destination itself.

The new Malta sport climbing guide has helped address this to a reasonable degree but they are establishing quality new routes at a furious pace on the island, so local knowledge is very helpful, as are the local climbers, so if you do end up going, it is well worth getting in touch with the locals for a few pointers.

Happy holidays
P
 trouserburp 16 Aug 2017
In reply to Exocet:

Antalya
 Rick Graham 16 Aug 2017
In reply to Exocet:

Barcelona then head West with the POD guide.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...