UKC

Self catering near CAI huts in Italy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tallsteve 15 Aug 2017
CAI huts in Italy don't allow self catering, but a few members of my party are Stoooodents or a have very very special dietry requirements. I have seen people sitting near by with a small gas stove cooking. I can afford the 40 euro half board so have no direct experience of this.

Have you any experience self catering around a CAI hut you can share, or maybe seen others as I have?

Ta muchly for your thoughts.
 alasdair19 15 Aug 2017
In reply to tallsteve:

I've done it at the torino and plenty others were too but they're not short on customers there. There are lots of bivvy huts in Italy perhaps consider one off beat adventures?
OP tallsteve 16 Aug 2017
In reply to alasdair19:

> There are lots of bivvy huts in Italy perhaps consider one off beat adventures?

I have already pointed the students at a couple of bivvacos. We're doing the Brenta so I guess the huts will be busy and it'll be fine. I guess the young will be assumed to be cash poor and will have a little more slack cut them.

Did you move a good way away, or brazenly sit on the wall?
 pec 19 Aug 2017
In reply to tallsteve:

Italians are very laid back about most things. I've regularly camped or bivvied close to their huts with no bother at all and seen many others doing the same. I've also occasionally stopped in an Italian hut and cooked outside on the balcony with no trouble at all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...