UKC

BMC North West Area Meeting & Free Navigation Session: 11 Sept

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 17 Aug 2017
Come along to our next gathering of climbers and walkers in the North West and get involved in the work of the BMC.

Date: Monday 11 September 2017, starting at 7.30pm
Venue: The Grey Mare, Elton Road, Belthorn, Lancashire BB1 2PG

Area meetings are run by volunteers and are your chance to join in with debate and influence decisions about what happens in your area as well as the rest of the country.

Free ‘Navigation for Hillwalkers’ session
For those unsure of their spurs and gullies, contours and bearings, we are offering a free session before the meeting (5.45-7.15pm). If you’re interested in attending the session, please email area secretary Andy Say directly at andy.say@outlook.com

For those desperate for a pre-meeting climb, the pub is not far from Troy Quarry

All are welcome; food will be provided by the BMC. See the BMC Local Areas site for more details: http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3880
 Andy Say 18 Aug 2017
In reply to Team BMC:

Or PM me directly through UKC.
 Andy Say 21 Aug 2017
In reply to Andy Say:

Still places available!
 Andy Say 06 Sep 2017
In reply to Team BMC:
This is a big one. All views sought on the shape of the BMC in the future - we'll be sharing current state of play on the BMC review and passing on information about the partnership with Cotswold.

If you can't make it in person then make sure your views are communicated!
Post edited at 10:15
 scoobydougan 06 Sep 2017
In reply to Andy Say:

That's probably coz it's in Belthorn
 Andy Say 06 Sep 2017
In reply to scoobydougan:

> That's probably coz it's in Belthorn

Que?
 scoobydougan 06 Sep 2017
In reply to Andy Say:

Well it's not very easy to get to is it ? so I'm not surprised that there's spaces left
J1234 06 Sep 2017
Troy Quarry is one of the most popular venues in the evening in Lancashire so climbers can and do go to the area, and the M65 runs past one end of Haslingden Grane Road and the A56 extstention of the M66 runs past the other end. For many its far easier to get to than Belmont and the BMC is to be applauded for moving the venue around.
For one of my climbing partners who works in central manchester, Troy is the easiest and quickest venue.
Did you often go to the meetings at Belmont?
Post edited at 11:17
 scoobydougan 06 Sep 2017
In reply to J1234:

I don't need a lecture on climbing venues in Lancashire from you Crossley! And yes I did go to Belmont, with you on at least one occasion I believe
J1234 06 Sep 2017

LOL 50% of my visits to BMC meetings then.
Seriously Lancs climbing seems Bolton/Preston centric, moving the venue around is a great idea and Belmont is a pig for many to get to. The Grey Mare is a good location and easy for many to get to and maybe it will encourage more to go. I do find it odd you saying it is not easy to get to, I bet there is barely a couple of minutes in either venue for you.
 Andy Say 06 Sep 2017
In reply to J1234:

I AM keen to move it round. There must be a few folks living North of Preston or as far East as Burnley.

To be honest you are really struggling to find anywhere in the area that is more than 10 miles from a motorway.

Anyone for a meeting in Slaidburn? Now THAT is hard to get to.....
 Andy Say 06 Sep 2017

By the power of Google I deduce that the meeting venue is 9.6 miles and 15 minutes by car from your house.

So.....see you at the meeting
 scoobydougan 06 Sep 2017
In reply to Andy Say:

All though it is true that Brinscall is the centre of the known universe, not every one lives here, and even if they did it would take them a while to get to Belthorn by public transport coz it's a bit out of the way is all I meant. Sorry for any offence
 Andy Say 06 Sep 2017

None taken. See you there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...