UKC

Football: is it any wonder?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greenbanks 22 Aug 2017
Is it any wonder that football gets such ongoing negative attention for the behaviour of its players, its fans, its governance, its financial operations, its sexism & racism and its commercial cynicism, when 'this' kind of behaviour is presented from one of its supposed role models...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41007351

The guy is on £millions, he's contracted to undertake interviews...can he possibly be a touch more arrogant & demeaning?

Thoughts?
 bouldery bits 22 Aug 2017
In reply to Greenbanks:

Everyone's realising he's not actually a special manager and he's feeling the pressure.

I could have won everything with that Barca team. Let alone that Bayern team...
OP Greenbanks 22 Aug 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

I'd agree. But in spite of his on the field struggles, why does he present as so unappealing? Other managers/coaches have been slated for their media persona - he get's away with too much. Arrogance it seems - such a horrible characteristic.
 Shani 22 Aug 2017
In reply to Greenbanks:

> Is it any wonder that football gets such ongoing negative attention for the behaviour of its players, its fans, its governance, its financial operations, its sexism & racism and its commercial cynicism, when 'this' kind of behaviour is presented from one of its supposed role models...

> The guy is on £millions, he's contracted to undertake interviews...can he possibly be a touch more arrogant & demeaning?

> Thoughts?

There is a Godwin's Law of football threads which manifests at the point of comparison with rugby.
 stevieb 22 Aug 2017
In reply to Greenbanks:

It's a poor interview but there is a history of journalists asking managers and players to discuss controversial decisions, and then the FA fining them for bringing the game into disrepute if they criticise the referees decision.
OP Greenbanks 22 Aug 2017
In reply to stevieb:

If i were offered that as a job 'risk' against the financial returns I'd bite an employer's hand off.
 radddogg 22 Aug 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

People guffawed when I said he was unproven
 Bulls Crack 22 Aug 2017
In reply to Greenbanks:

A game for gentlemen, played by thugs, managed by?
 bouldery bits 22 Aug 2017
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> A game for gentlemen, played by thugs, managed by?

Pep Guardiola. Do keep up.
In reply to Greenbanks:

Obviously Fergie obeyed his contract to the letter when he refused to talk to the BBC for years. Kettle, pot, black.
 Postmanpat 22 Aug 2017
In reply to Greenbanks:
That game managed to pack in most of football's ghastliness into its 94 minutes. Dirty fouls, crap refereeing, diving players, faking players, whinging players, whinging managers and then this interview to put the icing on the cake.

They should all be forced to play hockey against a woman's team to teach them a lesson.
Post edited at 22:07
In reply to Greenbanks:

> Is it any wonder that football gets such ongoing negative attention for the behaviour of its players, its fans, its governance, its financial operations, its sexism & racism and its commercial cynicism, when 'this' kind of behaviour is presented

With that build up, I was expecting a long tirade of foul racist and sexist language.

All I saw was a manager being a bit grumpy.

Meh.
In reply to Greenbanks:

The interviewer was being an idiot and you know what ? He got treated like one. What a surprise.
OP Greenbanks 23 Aug 2017
In reply to I like climbing:

> The interviewer was being an idiot<

Ah yes. He was asking direct questions wasn't he.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...