UKC

Climbing hold supplier reccommendations for home wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afshin 30 Aug 2017
I'm planning my home wall, a home system wall. The left and right side will be symmetrical...the wall covers all hold types, slopers, pinches, crimps, side and under pulls, jugs, footholds etc . No volumes or big features.

Will also need some for a separate HIT wall.

There's a plethora of climbing hold suppliers on the market, UK, US and European - wonder if anyone has good or bad experiences with any of them.

Ally Smith 30 Aug 2017
In reply to afshin:

http://crusherholds.co.uk/wooden-climbing-holds

Crusher holds are great - Paul has built some handsome looking custom woodies for folk up in Yorkshire too.

I really rate the Crusher durability too - my campus rungs from Crusher have been outside in the elements for 3 years without ill effect, where as the Metolius rungs alongside them have deteriorated badly.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 30 Aug 2017
In reply to afshin:

What Ally said.

For resin holds, see if your local wall is selling off any old stock. They tend to be pretty well used but for a training board that tends to be good as they're more skin friendly.
 Durbs 30 Aug 2017
In reply to afshin:

Holdz.co.uk are nice, and relatively cheap if you want something new.

I really like the look of the Agripp ones, but sadly anything via Beacon (usually an advert here -->) carries a £35 minimum shipping charge which is mental, think they're more geared up for supplying commercial walls.

Interestingly SoiLL holds are pretty cheap too, and very interesting designs too.

But, as posted above, Crusher and Beastmaker do some ace wooden holds which are more skin friendly, especially out the box.

Quite a few hold companies sell seconds too, though less useful if you want a symmetrical wall.

Fraser 30 Aug 2017
In reply to afshin:

I've found both Core and StoneSmith pretty good. Entreprise are okay too. Beacon ones only so-so, fairly basic and a slightly strange texture.
 John Kettle 30 Aug 2017
In reply to afshin:

Symmetry definitely limits your off the shelf options for buying holds I've found. Core have a good symmetric range, bleustone do too, and rock and run sell them with free postage making it much cheaper.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...