UKC

Manchester by the Sea

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
This film is available on Amazon Prime at the moment and well worth watching. It is not a happy watch but profoundly moving. The performances are amazing, especially Casey Affleck, but the little details in the direction are what struck me, like the clunky stretcher scene at a moment of incomprehensible tragedy.

Alan

Phil79 25 Sep 2017
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Yeah it was on terrestrial TV the other night as well. I agree, several little moments of ridiculousness when it shouldn't really be funny, but somehow still is. Really good film.
 Blue Straggler 25 Sep 2017

A sublime piece of filmic storytelling.
Removed User 25 Sep 2017

It deals with the utter tragedy of the story in a way that avoids its use as the main reason to watch. What makes the film special is the way it deals with human relationships and focusses on certain realities.

Having just endured "Hacksaw Ridge" (on the recommendation of my teenage daughter) I can only be thanful that there are film makers out there who understand the difference between a "good story" and a real one.
 wbo 25 Sep 2017
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax: saw it at the cinema and really enjoyed the quality of the cinematography

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...