UKC

Betws-Y-Coed things to do with kids...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abcdef 04 Oct 2017
Having a family holiday next week, pretty close to Betws-Y-Coed. Anyone have any recommendations for low-level/easy walks with the kids (8, 6 and almost 4)?

Also any other things they might like, even though the weather might be a bit on the cool side?
 Dave the Rave 04 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:
Llyn Geirionedd near llanrwst. Easy round a lake.
Also walk past Stewart Cunninghams along the river to the falls and back.
Good indoor is the slate mines and old village in llanberis.
Good walk around Llyn idwal too if it's not too wild.
Lusk 04 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Swallow Falls?
 neilh 04 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Shopping and cafes
 Mike Peacock 04 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Loads of interesting walks in Gwydyr Forest, depending on desired distance. You can walk to Llyn y Parc or Llyn Elsi from Betws, or up to Miners' Bridge and back. Llyn Crafnant and Llyn Geirionydd are both worth a saunter. Fairy Glen is impressive but you have to pay to get in, and the same goes for Conwy Falls. There are so many lakes and mines (Hafna is good and has a car park) in the forest that exploring can be quite rewarding.

Slightly further afield but Cwm Penamnen (south of Dolwyddelan) is surprisingly lovely. You can walk down the road (single track to nowhere) or along forest tracks. Another option for something different would be to drive onto the Migneint and either walk along the track to Llyn Conwy or take the boggy path to Llynnau Gamalt - both very bleak but wild and remote on a good day.

If you got a good day and wanted a "mountain" than Clogwyn Mawr above Capel is a fine and rocky viewpoint. Approach from the west.
 Dr.S at work 04 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:
Aber falls is pretty impressive
 Simon Pelly 04 Oct 2017
In reply to Lusk:

Swallow falls are pretty and impressive. However, made my blood boil when we went there not realising that you had to pay for the view.
 marsbar 04 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:

I quite liked electric mountain (bus inside a mountain to see a hydro electric pumped storage power station).

I think it depends on your kids if it would be fun for them or boring.
 random_watcher 05 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:
Bounce Below in the slate caverns at Blaenau Ffestiniog is always a popular wet weather option for children.
Post edited at 08:27
In reply to abcdef:
Conwy Water Gardens is cheap and fun. They can feed the chickens and ducks, look at the tropical fish and enjoy good pancakes at the on site Dutch pancake house.
They might enjoy taking the tram up (or halfway up) Great Orme and walking back down.
Post edited at 15:05
 Chmusar 10 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:

You could try

https://www.llechwedd-slate-caverns.co.uk/ the tour is great for all ages and really interesting even for children.

i second electric mountain in llanberis a good tour and you could go to "petes eats" afterwards in llanberis for some food.

and what about https://www.visitbetwsycoed.co.uk/Do-See/Attractions/Dr-Zigs-Extraordinary-... looks like fun

Or have a look at Plas y Brenin for there taster sessions i think they do all ages

have a great time

charliesdad 10 Oct 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Slightly off topic, but the Mountain Biking at Coed Y Brenin down the road is damned good. Worth checking beforehand if they have hire bikes that will fit your children.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...