UKC

Female climbing shoe advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bones [:B 26 Oct 2017
Hi all,

I have been climbing for a few years in women's La Sportiva Miura VS climbing shoes and although they fit me pretty well for quality reasons would like to try a different shoe. I have been looking around and found a few pairs that might be good but was wondering if there were any women out there (or men who may have access to this information) who might have some advice for me?

I would like them to be similarly aggressive to the Miura VS and will mainly be using them for bouldering and sport climbing indoors and out. I also trad climb and do multi pitch routes but I'll probably get something different for those climbs.

Climbing shoe advice welcome.

Cheers,
Jen
 Jenny C 26 Oct 2017
In reply to Jen Jones:
Don't restrict your choices by only looking at women specific models.

Depending on your foot shape mens models may fit just as good if not better, and if you are fairly large footed this will massively increase your choices of possible models.
 crimpsoplenty 26 Oct 2017
In reply to Jen Jones:

I wear la sportiva testarossa, found miuras and katanas didn't seem to last too long for me (this could be my poor footwork). The testarossas are still aggressive and are going strong a year later
OP Bones [:B 26 Oct 2017
In reply to Jenny C:

Thanks Jenny. Well they’re not small!
I’m totally happy to have men’s/unisex ones. I think that lasts are the same for a lot of them anyway, just smaller for the women’s shoe.
OP Bones [:B 26 Oct 2017
In reply to crimpsoplenty:

Awesome thanks! I’ll look at those.
My miura’s didn’t last very long either. 3 pairs all started to fall apart in just a month. La Sportiva said it might my footwork so wouldn’t do anything but many other shoes that I had as a beginner lasted years. Who knows!
 duchessofmalfi 26 Oct 2017
In reply to Jen Jones:

You could try Tenya - I know someone who migrate from scarpa wmns vapour Vs this way and seemed to like it
 Elsier 26 Oct 2017
In reply to Jen Jones:

I switched from the Miura VS to Evolv Shaman LV, which are similarly aggressive but I find a lot more comfy and also long lasting. They aren't quite as sensitive as they are a bit stiffer, but I think I actually prefer that.

Not sure if you can still get them, but the new version looks fairly similar.
OP Bones [:B 27 Oct 2017
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

Awesome, thank you
OP Bones [:B 27 Oct 2017
In reply to Elsier:

They look pretty good, reckon they might be good for long days out and they seem pretty cheap too. Thanks so much for the advice.
OP Bones [:B 05 Nov 2017
In reply to crimpsoplenty:

I got the testarossa’s. Haven’t climbed in them yet but they felt so comfy! The guys in the shop said they had, had loads of Katana’s, Miura VS and a couple other shoes back as they came apart but hadn’t had any testarossa’s back so fingers crossed. Thanks for the recommendation. Probably wouldn’t have tried them otherwise and they feel great
 crimpsoplenty 05 Nov 2017
In reply to Jen Jones:

Hooray! Hope you like them, they took me a while to get used to as they aren't so stiff but now i love them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...