UKC

Sage software help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 20 Nov 2017
We are looking to upgrade/replace our old (very) sage line 50 software and not surprisingly looking for the cheapest (and legit) way of doing this, there seem to be multiple options but we need it to include sales order processing and delivery note printing which looks as if that means the professional version, we obviously need other features but if there is another option to the pro version that includes SOP we can see if it has everything else we need.

If we need to buy the pro version what is the cheapest way. We have 3 users on 3 PC's BUT not on a network and the 3 versions don't need to mirror each other

KennyG 20 Nov 2017
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Why aren't they networked? Is it a single company file per user? Do they have access to the internet for a cloud based solution?
 mp3ferret 20 Nov 2017
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Could look at Quick Books https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/

Seems fairly straight forward to use.
 krikoman 20 Nov 2017
In reply to mp3ferret:

> Could look at Quick Books https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/

> Seems fairly straight forward to use.

It's only on-line nowadays, so you pay a monthly fee. I'm still on the stand alone version, but my accountant is pushing to go on-line.

I don't want to, as once you're on-line, there,s no way to download "your" file, so there is the possibility of being held to ransom.

Not sure Sage has an off-line version any more either.
 Rob Exile Ward 20 Nov 2017
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Maybe have look at an alternative, e. G. Zero?
 rogerwebb 20 Nov 2017
In reply to krikoman:

>
> Not sure Sage has an off-line version any more either.

Sage has but you have to ask. My old version became incompatible with Windows 10 when that upgraded itself last month and I was only able to get an offline version of sage by ringing them . It didn't seem to exist on the website.
Cost £170.40

It does seem to include all elements the op specifies but I don't use them so can't comment on whether its any good.

krikoman 20 Nov 2017
In reply to rogerwebb:

> Sage has but you have to ask. My old version became incompatible with Windows 10 when that upgraded itself last month and I was only able to get an offline version of sage by ringing them . It didn't seem to exist on the website.

> Cost £170.40

> It does seem to include all elements the op specifies but I don't use them so can't comment on whether its any good.

Ah! good to know, do they charge a mandatory "support fee" support fee, looking some of the options on the link I gave seem to charge yearly!! AccountEdge being an example.

I'm still using QB2003, which does everything I need it too, I have an XP virtual machine it runs on and that's all I use this machine for. My accountant is pushing for on-line, but I'm not keen, and not only for the extra costs!!

I bought QB2013 but even upgrading from 2003 to that was a nightmare, so I haven't bothered to swap over completely yet!
 rogerwebb 20 Nov 2017
In reply to krikoman:

It was a one off payment. I managed to get through the last 7 years without support. There was a support option but from memory it was going to be several times more expensive if it lasted as well as the last version.
I got a disc in the post so as long as I back up its quite easy to restore if windows10 does its average worst.
 krikoman 21 Nov 2017
In reply to rogerwebb:

> It was a one off payment. I managed to get through the last 7 years without support. There was a support option but from memory it was going to be several times more expensive if it lasted as well as the last version.

> I got a disc in the post so as long as I back up its quite easy to restore if windows10 does its average worst.

Nice one thanks for the info, like I said I've been using QB 2003 since it came out and never needed support ether. I might well look into Sage.

Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...