UKC

Puc Series Il Domani or Other Portable Training Tool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mark_spark86 25 Jan 2018

Hi all!

I would like to get some portable training boards, and have been looking at both the Puc Series Il Domani and the Metolius Rock Rings. 

I cant find hardly any info about the Puc Series hangboard, and would love to know what people think of it? Or if anyone knows of something thats really worth buying, that would be great!

Any info is much appreciated   thanks

Post edited at 20:16
 catherine4331 25 Jan 2018
In reply to Mark_spark86:

Check out Crusher Holds. They make a couple of wooden portable hangboards. The Orb is a much better (And skin friendly wooden) version of the the rock rings, I've got a pair and have found them very good so far. Though I have weak fingers, the edges may be too big for you.

Mark_spark86 25 Jan 2018
In reply to catherine4331:

Thanks for that! I hadnt come across them before, might have to get me one of the mission portable fingerboards

alx 25 Jan 2018

Check out the problem solver finger boards, probably a step ahead in terms of design innovation without feeling gimmicky or over complicated from other boards I have seen and used.

MischaHY 26 Jan 2018

Crusher Holds Mission is absolutely spot on. 

LukeDclimber 26 Jan 2018

Awesome Woody's also do a whole range of portable finger boards.

Mark_spark86 07 Feb 2018
In reply to alx:

thanks for the heads up about them, I've had a look and seem pretty cool. Have you used one? 

alx 07 Feb 2018

Yep, I own a Hanzo board in ply and a pair of grip/pinch tools in oak.

There are other variations which I would consider if it as going to be a dedicated training board, however I needed it to be light as warm up board for when there’s nothing suitable at the crag.

stp 07 Feb 2018

Mani the Monkey recently made a video showing how to make you're own portable finger board: quite an interesting design.

youtube.com/watch?v=R7qPZ8QKBqE&

In general it seems most commercial boards are a rip off. Some now retail for over £100. Seems ridiculous when you can make one for next to nothing out of scrap wood.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...