UKC

4-6 weeks in Europe - PLS HELP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan_Carroll 26 Jan 2018

Hi folks

So, I've been harshly dismissed from my job after nearly 5 years working for this particular establishment (Technician at a mid level London gallery).  For driving to IKEA in the work van without asking permission.  V harsh & lots to it but will save the details.  Whilst the appeal / conciliation / tribunal process rumbles on I'm thinking seriously of doing what I've never managed to make the time for before now.

I'm picturing a nice little refugio somewhere fairly remote in the yellowy Spanish hills.  Somewhere I can live cheaply and possibly / ideally contribute some of my time / labour in return for a discounted rate of accommodation (expecting to camp but a bed would be nice), and where there will be a steady enough stream of climbers to pick up partners easily.  Spend the days working / reading / meditating / not being in London.  Does this dream scenario exist?  Or am I just concocting a colourful fantasy.

Having never properly looked into this kind of thing (numerous trips to the Orange House aside) recommendations / advice would be welcome.

thanks

:  -  )

Post edited at 18:46
 danm 26 Jan 2018
In reply to Dan_Carroll:

Another option, funds permitting, is to buy a cheap van, do a basic camper conversion and live in that. Many of my friends do this, it means you can chase the conditions and visit lots of areas for very little cost. If you're sociable you'll quickly make friends and get a belay/people to hang out with.

GDes 27 Jan 2018
In reply to danm:

The olive branch in el chorro springs to mind. Also l'abella la conca. Think there is some kind of Refugio there. 

Or as others said, buy a van for £1500, drive it to siurana, and never run out of partners or climbs

Sam Mayfield 28 Jan 2018
In reply to Dan_Carroll:

Hi Dan, not sure if we have chatted yet or not, we do need Oranges but probs around April time by which time you could be back at work! 

http://orangehouseclimbing.blogspot.bg/2017/08/

Sam Orange 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...