UKC

Re-entering Thailand... a visa question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 08 Feb 2018

Hi, my wife and I are returning to Thailand, we shall be entering at the Laos border (overland). We were recently in Thailand for roughly 25 days (last November) Can we get another 30 day visa? If so what is the cost etc?

I have trawled the www to no avail, includingthe Thai site and our gov.uk site. There appears to be a conflict of information. So I wondered if anyone had recent experience of this.

Many thanks, Tony

thepodge 08 Feb 2018
In reply to Tony the Blade:

When I was there in 2002 you could just do an overnight out of the country stay and return with a new 30 visa.

I ended up overstaying my visa and it cost me about 20p.

Although I'm now twice their usual customer's age, I've always found STA (or other student based travel agents) really helpful on those matters as they always have people going in and out of the area.

In reply to thepodge:

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Things have changed substantially since then ????

To prevent folks doing exactly what you did... they now only allow 15 days at a time, or so I think. 

That's what I need help with. I'll look into STA and others, good call. Thanks again

Mr. Lee 08 Feb 2018

The LP website is usually pretty up to date with visa requirements.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/practical-information/directory/entry...

Otherwise check their thorn tree forum if you don't get the answer you're looking for on UKC.

In reply to Mr. Lee:

Hi Lee, 

Many thanks for the info. 

We've decided to fly direct from LP, thus giving us the 30 days we want. 

Cheers, Tony 

Cheese Monkey 09 Feb 2018

We just got a visa in Hanoi, you could do the same in Vientiane 

1234None 09 Feb 2018

I think you still get 30 days on arrival - then you can do one "visa run" either overland or a short flight to get another 30 days.  After those 60 days have expired, you have to leave the country for 90 days before returning.

I also recall something about a maximum of 90 days stay in any one year, but not sure that is still the case.

rickeden 13 Feb 2018

If I was you I would visit the Thai embassy to get the latest info, as I know the Visa laws have been under change during the last several months

Kimono 13 Feb 2018

I’m here now and about to do a ‘visa-run’ myself. (NB it’s not actually a visa but a visa-exemption)

its free and gives you another 30 days but I believe you can only get away with it a couple of times by land. By air is not a problem. 

Ps you’ll be warned when it’s your last chance I believe !

Paulos 13 Feb 2018
In reply to Kimono:

That's right I believe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...