UKC

gas for camping austria stubaital

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hpil 18 Mar 2018

Family holiday plan is to fly to munich, hire a car, drive to stubaital, camp for a few nights in the valley, do a hit-to-hut tour, camp a few more nights then fly home. I have an MSR gas stove that takes screw type cartridges - are these commonly available in the valley? If so, where? Or is it all camping gaz style non-threaded valve cartridges, or the old style puncture canisters? Any knowledge appreciated!

AlanLittle 18 Mar 2018
In reply to hpil:

Screw cartridges are available in all outdoor shops, and I'm sure there must be plenty in Stubaitial - mostly ski gear but also some climbing & general outdoor stuff. 

Possibly even in MPreis supermarkets, they generally have a little bit of outdoor stuff.

Depending on which way you're driving and what time of day - Alpinsport Basis in Garmisch definitely has them. And is a top shop worth a visit anyway, pretty much the German Needlesports.

IPPurewater 19 Mar 2018
In reply to hpil:

I recommend this campsite. I think it is the nicest in the valley.

http://camping-edelweiss.at/en/index.php

You can leave your tent up while in the hut and provided you show the hut receipts for the nights you stay there, the campsite will only charge you for the tent.

Post edited at 08:53

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...