UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Black Diamond Hot Forge Heated Chalk Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 01 Apr 2018
Black Diamond Chalk Bag, 5 kbThe ultimate for cold cragging days or for climbers who suffer from cold hands, the Hot Forge Heated Chalk Bag's innovative 3-level heating system lets you dial in the exact level of warmth for any condition.

Read more
 planetmarshall 01 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Definitely getting one of these. It beats strapping two hairdryers to my forearms which is what I've been doing up till now.

Wainers44 01 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Fabulous, and on a chilly one somewhere to keep my gerbil while I climb. 

climber34neil 01 Apr 2018
In reply to planetmarshall:

Me to, it looks great, I was hoping they would develop a heated pick for perfect first time placements for ice, save all that swinging and hitting! I would have used them today on the downfall!

climber34neil 01 Apr 2018
In reply to planetmarshall:

Incidentally, where do you get a long enough extension lead from for the hair dryers? Or do you plug in at D's brew stop and get just enough cable to get up Rubicon?

foobar123 01 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I know this is an April fools, but as a Raynaud's sufferer I'd genuinely pay good money for something like this!

Wayne S 01 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Well done BD, it was always going to be hard to follow the Honsolo!  It’s a very good job that Beal didn’t miss time the release of their abseil release thingy!  

In reply to foobar123:

It's an April Fool but not a ridiculous one (which kind of defeats the point) - as a Reynaud's  sufferer, I find putting one of those disposable hand-warmers (the charcoal shake-bag type) into my chalk bag invaluable on cold days.  I have had many a red-point saved by being able to rewarm my finger-tips mid-route.

In reply to foobar123: I believe you can actually buy them for a limited time only...

https://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_GB/Hot-Forge-Heated-Chalkbag.html

In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

lol, that's awesome!

mattck 01 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I don't even know why, but I want one.

In reply to UKC Gear:

If they had these at Tiso at Ratho in January they'd sell out in a day.

olddirtydoggy 01 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

So now I don't have to switch indoors over the winter!

afx22 03 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I wish this was real.  I have mates who really suffer when it's 3 degrees or below and it would be great to stop them from moaning all the time.

Maybe BD can make them some heated shoes too

BFG 03 Apr 2018
In reply to afx22:

I reckon there's a niche for heated boot bananas...

On the OP: Hazel Findlay says it's real. Plus you can get pretty far on the ordering page on the website, which seems a bit extreme for an April Fools (haven't actually clicked the final buy button).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhGZu9WhTeW/?hl=en&taken-by=hazel_findlay

rgold 03 Apr 2018
In reply to BFG:

It's real.  I have an order in and a receipt to prove it.

At my age, my fingers get numb from reaching into the fridge for a carton of milk, so if the gadget works it will be quite helpful for late Fall and early Spring climbing. Plus, the fact that the bag is insulated means one can supplement the warmth with chemical handwarmer packages, which I've used a lot in ordinary chalk bags and found to be only minimally effective.

I've tried bringing my gerbil but got tired of doing CPR after it chokes on chalk dust. Rumors are that there will be a gerbil defibrillator accessory for the lithium ion battery pack.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...