UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Assisted Braking Belay Devices from Edelrid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 17 Apr 2018
Jul Thumb, 2 kbWith the success of our competiton that is currently running on UKC to win 1 of 10 Bulletproof carabiners. We thought it would be a good time to draw your attention to another area of Edelrid's vast range of products. A few years ago Edelrid made the decision to be the first company to only offer assisted braking belay devices. This was a huge step forward and reinforced Edelrid's dedication to safety. 

Read more
 scott titt 17 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

only offer assisted breaking belay devices. This was a huge step forward and reinforced Edelrid's dedication to safety. 

Who said spelling doesn't matter?!

jimtitt 17 Apr 2018
In reply to scott titt:

And of course this;- "A few years ago Edelrid made the decision to be the first company to only offer assisted breaking belay devices." is absolute claptrap, they also sell the Bud and Terence as belay devices and certify them as such.

In reply to scott titt:

The section you've mentioned in your reply doesn't contain a spelling mistake??

scott titt 17 Apr 2018
In reply to AlexSmurthwaite:

Given that you work for Edelrid your reply is beyond irony; and fits well in this world of Trumpian reality.

TobyA 17 Apr 2018
In reply to scott titt:

Some one at UKC has corrected the inadvertently funny spelling mistake/typo.

Ironically for me, the only belay device I've broken was BD not Edelrid, but anyway the lad above I'm sure didn't see the error. 

Robert Durran 17 Apr 2018
In reply to TobyA:

> Some one at UKC has corrected the inadvertently funny spelling mistake/typo.

Not in the OP of the thread though!

scott titt 18 Apr 2018

Toby A.  

> With the success of our competiton that is currently running on UKC to win 1 of 10 Bulletproof carabiners. We thought it would be a good time to draw your attention to another area of Edelrid's vast range of products. A few years ago Edelrid made the decision to be the first company to only offer assisted breaking belay devices. This was a huge step forward and reinforced Edelrid's dedication to safety. 

Its still there!  

Andy Say 18 Apr 2018
In reply to TobyA:

But only in the headline!  Article still reads 'Edelrid made the decision to be the first company to only offer assisted breaking belay devices'

Edit:  note to self - read to end of thread before posting.......

Post edited at 09:41
 Dell 18 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I could say I've made the decision to run the London marathon next year. But that doesn't mean I've run the London marathon. 

Pedro50 18 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I though they made ropes as well!

tjin 18 Apr 2018
In reply to jimtitt:

Don't think most people see the figure of 8's as belay devices anymore. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...