UKC

Tobago! Any climbing/bouldering/rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J B Oughton 24 Apr 2018

I'm headed to Tobago for a two month placement, and whilst climbing isn't going to be the main focus of the trip it would be nice to have some to do to keep things fresh. 

I've heard rumours of some reasonable limestone, and some bouldering potential on the beach, but no details. Doesn't need to be anything special, but if anyone knows any bits of rock I can hang around on/any good spots to head for it would be much appreciated

Thanks, Jake

Toccata 24 Apr 2018
In reply to J B Oughton:

Tough gig!

There's a lovely wave of solid dolomitic (type) limestone at 11.155028, -60.840694. Hard problems mostly on a roof and I found problems up to my limit at the time (around f7b). Masses of potential to go harder. Landing is sand and rarely more than 1.5m off the floor.

matthewbpt 24 Apr 2018
In reply to J B Oughton:

I'm actually form Trinidad and Tobago originally by have lived away from there for the last 10 years. I'm not aware of any rock climbing in Tobago, but there's probably some that could be developed as I've seen rock at some of the beaches. Good luck! Tobago is a great island with some lovely nature trails, beaches, food and culture, you'll have a good time! If you do find some rock to climb keep us updated, as I'd love to explore it on my next visit!

Dave Musgrove 25 Apr 2018
In reply to matthewbpt:

Take a pair of binoculars the bird watching potential is brilliant. I didn't see any climbable rock whilst I was there, nor on Trinidad. 

OP J B Oughton 27 Apr 2018
In reply to Toccata:

That's brilliant, I was expecting nothing so to have a bit of rock to have a crack at is great to hear! It will be nice to have a chance to establish a couple of new lines as well. Thanks very much, from Google maps that seems to be around the crown point area?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...