UKC

NEWS: Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival kicks off for 2018

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 May 2018
Gimmer Crag, Langdale, 3 kbOn the 4th-6th May the Arc'teryx Big Mountain Weekend will once again kick off the Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival. Clinic tickets for this weekend have sold out, but there will be a number of free activities going on over the weekend including the Langdale Climbing Challenge.

Read more
 Jim 1003 04 May 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Good weekend to avoid Langadale ....

In reply to Jim 1003:

It’s a bank holiday in the Lakes, this event is the least of your worries...

Jim 1003 04 May 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I live in the Lakes and events like this are a pain in the arse

In reply to Jim 1003:

I still stick to my original sentiment, it's a drop in the ocean compared to the thousands - wait, tens of thousands - of tourists you're likely to get out on the fells this weekend, but hey - you're entitled to grumble.

See you at the free evening events and barbecue maybe?

Only joking...

Post edited at 08:29
 Jim 1003 04 May 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Well, I was heading to Gimmer this weekend with my girlfriend but reckon it will be too busy, so probably not...but you never know the free band might tempt her, and she is entertainment's manager...in fact, general manager

Jon Stewart 04 May 2018
In reply to Jim 1003:

> I live in the Lakes and events like this are a pain in the arse

Really? I went to the BBQ last year - there was me, my mate from Sheffield, Katy Whittaker, some guys from the climbing shops in Ambleside and that was about it. It was a nice event and the band are good, but you really don't need to worry about it having any impact on the crowds.

The more that can be done to promote climbing in the Lakes the better. The problem is lack of traffic and classic routes becoming overgrown - not crowds.

Simon Caldwell 04 May 2018
In reply to Jim 1003:

We were climbing in Langdale during the event last year. I don't know where they all ended up climbing but it wasn't on any of the crags we went to! (Stickle Barn, Tarn, Raven, and Kettle)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...