UKC

Steepest/juggiest routes close to Sheffield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mrteale 24 May 2018

Hi there,

bit of an odd question, but does anyone have any suggestions for steep, juggy preferably quite long pitches within closeish proximity to Sheffield?

Basically I ruptured my Achilles tendon about 8 weeks ago and I'm still in the airboot but getting pretty bored of deadhangs and sweaty evenings stomping around The Works. 

Hoping to get out this weekend and climb a few things on second but if anyone knows of any decent steep juggy climbs worth throwing a top rope down that would be great. The steeper it is, the easier it becomes climbing with just one working leg!

So far my best idea is to put a rope up on The Rasp for a few laps..

Jon Greengrass 24 May 2018
In reply to mrteale:

get yourself one of these https://www.peglegs.co.uk/ and get to Birchen The Pirate (E2 6b)

Bulls Crack 24 May 2018
In reply to mrteale:

Sirplum (E1 5b)

difficult to throw a rope down though!

overdrawnboy 24 May 2018
In reply to mrteale:

Wee Doris is easy to set up for what you need

SDM 24 May 2018
In reply to mrteale:

Which leg? Rubicon at Rubicon is soft, thuggy and all on the right foot although you would need your partner to climb it first if you aren't up to leading it.

I once saw someone do it purely on his left foot because his right leg was in a cast. That looked like a different proposition entirely.

gravy 24 May 2018
In reply to SDM:

The Sloth or The Wombat?

Cake 24 May 2018
In reply to SDM:

Rubicon is definitely steep and juggy. If you've got a long clip stick, perhaps you could lead it yourself safely. The first bolt is high.

Cake 24 May 2018
In reply to mrteale:

I think the rasp is probably the best plan. The routes on the left wall overhang too. Wee Doris has a tricky first move which would need a very tight route to ensure you don't hurt your heel again.

In reply to mrteale:

The ladies of Brunswick Street are costly and well endowed. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...