UKC

Stanage,Cinderella and the.........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul mitchell 03 Aug 2018

Cinderella and the Kagemusha. V4 ,  3 metres.

Due to the drought,the normally wet boulder in the woods below  the plantation main circuit is what I call the Cinderella Boulder. This  is because everyone walks past it on their way to supposed greater glories.

As you approach from plantation car park you normally go through a stile gate.Then up toward plantation boulders.Cinderella Boulder is on your left about 60 metres up from the stile.6 metres  from  the path.

Cinderella and the Kagemusha is on the downhill side of the boulder,the obvious overhanging arete with breaks.At V4 the problem has a sit start. 

Eszter Horvath repeated the problem and concurred that it was good quality.  Instant classic.

Eszter and I climbed all the obvious probs and traverses under the grade of V4. We left them unnamed as they most likely have been done before.There remain some very hard open projects for sit starts,especially the rounded arete at the opposite end of C.and the K. on the downhill side.

It was in tree shade.The Japanese word for shade is  KAGEH,thus Kagemusha ,Shadow Warrior. Almost as long an intro as Drummond's Banana Finger....

In reply to paul mitchell:

Well done Mitch. 

Regards 

TWS

Neil Amos 19 Aug 2018

Have you checked these with Adam Long? I am sure he put up a bunch of problems on these boulders 10-15 years ago.

deacondeacon 19 Aug 2018

Pretty sure that's where Blair Witch is. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...