UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Rock Over Climbing Reopening on Saturday 1st September (post fire!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 31 Aug 2018
Fire, 3 kbWe're proud to announce that we will be reopening to the public on Saturday 1st September. It's been a hectic couple of weeks but we'll be back to normal this Saturday, ready for you all to come back and get climbing! Every cloud has a silver lining, and there are actually some positives we can take from this (including brand new holds!)

Read more
 Jordan B 31 Aug 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

Glad to hear you are bouncing back and so glad I was not worse.

We saw the smoke from this a few weeks ago on our way back from the peak, it dominated the city sky from our vantage point above Glossop and actually said to each other that whatever is happening there is serious. Little did we know it was next door to rockover....! 

Well done with your hard work and getting the great facility back on its feet. 

Naomi and I will pop down soon! 

Post edited at 09:58
 Michael Hood 31 Aug 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

I popped down to have a session the morning after the fire to be met by a policeman at the door, at which point I realised that the Strangeways fire that someone mentioned seeing was actually next door.

Thinking (from the initial Facebook entry) that it'd be a couple of days until the building was demolished, I turned up again the next week (forgot to phone up to check) and found that you were still closed (luckily less than 10 minutes drive so no big deal). Noticed the demolished girders, some of them were twisted to f**k. Must have been some fire.

Then saw the full report on Facebook and on here. It really shows how lucky Rockover is to still be there and even more so, the photos show what a brilliant job the fire brigade did in containing the fire.

Wishing you good luck and success with the reopening, I'll be back

Thomasstewart 01 Sep 2018
In reply to Jordan B: It's been a very emotional couple week. And I have May people to thank. The fire brigade were amazing and saved Rock Over. Now an army of brilliant staff, GB Team, friends, customers and family have pulled together and re-built an amazing new looking and feeling Rock Over. You guys will have blast when you're next in. See you soon. Tom 

Thomasstewart 01 Sep 2018
In reply to Michael Hood: Mike the fire brigade were amazing and I have huge thanks and praise for them. We were quite literal surround by fire... I did think it was all over. But now due to amazing and lovely people Rock Over feels like new place. I locked up tonight at 10pm and you would never know there had been a fire. Amazing. Look foward to seeing you when you are next in. Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...