UKC

NEWS: Nordic Plumber 8c by Mina Leslie-Wujastyk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Sep 2018
Mina Leslie-Wujastyk has redpointed Nordic Plumber 8c at the Hanshelleren Cave, Flatanger in Norway. This is Mina's third route of the grade.

Read more
 Wft 13 Sep 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Well done, Mina.

Flatanger certainly looks like a world-class fishing spot, I see the climbing is good for rest days too. 

McHeath 13 Sep 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Good on you, Mina!

But having read your impressive blog about your head injury, harnesses und helmets - what made you change your resolution, why are you helmetless in the lower-off shot? Just curious!

In reply to McHeath:

I don't know for sure but it's probably because angle at Flatanger is considerably steeper than Malham ie. you're only gonna be in the air if you fell off.

Dale Turrell 14 Sep 2018
In reply to McHeath:

Did we read the same article?

" As I manage my return to sport climbing, a helmet will be part of that process. Will I always wear one sport climbing? I don't know yet, that is a personal decision that will take time to form for me. On physically harder routes a helmet can get in the way a bit and where the risk is managed and small, perhaps it will feel okay not to. I know people have strong views on this kind of thing but I would like to ask you to respect my current and future decisions on this. Part of the reason I didn't specify my injuries when I first posted about the accident on social media was that I felt too vulnerable to deal with the inevitable recrimination from some people in the wider community about the use of helmets."

McHeath 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Dale Turrell:

Shame on me, must have been reading too fast - thanks for that!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...