UKC

NEWS: Nick Bullock's Tides wins in Banff Mountain Book Competition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Oct 2018
British mountaineer and author Nick Bullock has won the Mountain Literature (non-fiction) category in the Banff Mountain Book Competition - part of the annual Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival - with his latest book Tides: a climber's voyage by Vertebrate Publishing.

Read more
 alexm198 11 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations to Nick! 

Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't it Minya Konka?

In reply to alexm198:

Yep! Blame Vertebrate...

Derek Ryden 14 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Natalie - I'm posting here because you might read it, even though I know it's in the wrong place.

I just want to say it's very frustrating when some types of articles on UKC don't leave the option for comments. Currently, Neil Gresham's excellent article on heel hooking. Excellent, except that Sloth was climbed in 1954, certainly not "in the seventies". There has to be a space to point these things out!

In reply to Derek Ryden:

Hi Derek,

You’re able to post on Neil’s article here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/ukc/technique_-_heel_hooking-694200

At the bottom of the article there’s a link to the associated forum thread.

Nick

James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 14 Oct 2018
In reply to Derek Ryden:

You can reply to it...

Edit - Nick beat me to it. 

Post edited at 14:57
 Derek Ryden 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

Hi Nick. Thanks for your reply. The link is, of course, just what I was looking for and I will reply to Neil shortly. However, I still can't find this link at the bottom of the original article. Am I being dense, or is the link a lot less obvious than you are suggesting?

J Whittaker 15 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

I enjoyed this book much like Nicks first one. The only thing was it sometimes got overly wordy for my tiny little mind haha.

Nick Bullock 23 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Hello,

Paul and I have just bailed from Minya Konka, (Yes, it is Minya Konka, or Gonga, not Tonka!!! pesky Jon Barton) I was too old and not good enough to climb this hill, but it brought me great satisfaction to eventually make Paul Ramsden appreciate what failure is all about! 

In a place called Kangding now. In China there is no Facebook or Twitter, (not such a bad thing!) so just wanted to express my gratitude to everyone who has expressed their good wishes and to everyone that helped me with this book, and to the Banff Film and Literature festival, ta very much, what a thing to achieve, I'm honoured and very happy.

All the best,

Nick. 

PS, sorry about adding too many words to the book, I'll chop a few out next time

Post edited at 05:51

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...