UKC

NEWS: North Wales Trad Round-up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Oct 2018
'The hills have been alive with rock climbers,' says Calum Muskett. He rounds-up the last year (or two) in North Wales trad...

Read more
 Simon Pelly 19 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks for the report. Made a good read to keep me going on a Friday afternoon. It is true that this year has had exceptionally dry weather.

One think caught my eye on the picture of "Cure for a Sick Mind". There appear to be two runners off the same bolt? Or not seeing this properly? Trying to work it out. Crabs in opposite directions to help ensure no gate roll over and subsequent unclip?

Anyway, not a comment on the report itself, however, which was really interesting.

Simon...

Post edited at 14:23
 Enty 19 Oct 2018
In reply to Simon Pelly:

I think it's pre placed so you can clip it standing on the rainbow. Otherwise a real gripper clipper. Then put a shorter one on before you proceed higher.

Not 100% sure though.

Enty

Michael Gordon 19 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Bloody hell, that's some amount of routes! If Great Corner is as good as it looks I'm quite surprised it hadn't been done.

All we need now is the Scotland report...

johnyo 19 Oct 2018
In reply to Simon Pelly:

Hi Simon, it is as Enty mentions. I preplaced a sling to minimise the gripper clipper scenario and a second quickdraw because one isn't enough when it's that bold!

John

stp 19 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

> there's no need for him to steal plumb lines from under our noses.

Well better than nicking a spirit level I suppose.

Brendan 19 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

"Emma has fallen off tickling the last hold now and I'm sure it won't be long before we see the first British female ascent of a 9a!"

No pressure...

Adam Booth 20 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Great write up Cal! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...