UKC

Finger injury not healing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ReubenClimbs 21 Nov 2018

Hey, 

Feel like this is the best place to ask for the best advice on this so here we go!

6 Months ago I hurt my finger climbing and went to the docs who dygnoised it as a avulstion fracture in the middle of my finger and said that my tendons would be fine with rest and training. 4 months in it was still causing a lot of trouble so I went back asking for a better scan and look at my fingers which turned up nothing (it was just side one and top down x rays not ultrasound though) 

I have been doing physio and lightly tryng to hangbord with an open hand grip and gently climbing. Before anyone asked no I haven't done anything mad or been crimping and have stuck to a set routine made for me to train and get stronger again by pro climbers at the gym. 

So 6 months down the line it was really starting to feel stronger and better and feeling like I could climb again (nothing hard no crimps) but the last week it was so painful it couldnt even hold a jug and gave it a week off and today went back and same again any pulling on my finger and it screams with pain and is sore to the touch on the inside of it over my A2.

What do I do why isn't is getting better and pls help me! If you made it this far don thank you very much!!!!!!! You are all wonderful climbers and people

alx 21 Nov 2018
In reply to ReubenClimbs:

Get a second opinion?

nawface 21 Nov 2018
In reply to ReubenClimbs:

Go and see someone who knows about fingers.  If that means going private and paying someone cash then it will be money well spent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...