UKC

NEWS: Lakes Classic Rock Round Record broken by Chris Fisher

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 May 2019
On April 23rd, Chris Fisher broke the Lakes Classic Rock Round record, completing it in a time of 15 hours 25 minutes solo and unsupported. The Round has been described as the climbers' equivalent of the Bob Graham Round, taking in all 15 routes from Ken Wilson's compilation Classic Rock and running between them, though some say that the Rock Round requires a greater effort.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Chris! Sounds like a great day out.

Lakes Hard Rock in a day next

petegunn 17 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Well done that man! 

hdog76 17 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Flipping heck.. that is one hell of a challenge, having walked in and climbed on Pillar I was hoping for a bus back to the car, and even walking from the NT carpark to Shepards crag doing a route and hitting the cafe seems like a long day... Good work fella.

Andy Hardy 17 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Effort!

Belay Snob 17 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Respect man did loads of those routes .😊

chris m fisher 17 May 2019

Cheers all! 

It's a great outing, would encourage anyone who fancies it to give it a go, in whatever style suits. A mate has completed the round with a rope over a full weekend, another great way to go about it.

Rob, I'll let you lead the way with the Hard Rock version  

petegunn 18 May 2019
In reply to chris m fisher:

I would happily campion a campaign to get Bowfell Buttress taken off the list off so called Winter routes. 

I wonder how many "winter" climbers have done it in summer and seen the mess this fine route is in. It's like the FRCC decided to let the winter climbers have one Lakes classic route that could be trashed to maybe save others.

"No route finding issues here... though I muse at the long term sustainability of mixed climbing on these precious crags, and my own guilty conscience..."

I bet Sid and Alison might also feel the same now if they could see what's happening.

Lord_ash2000 18 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome effort Chris. 

biscuit 18 May 2019
In reply to chris m fisher:

That’s another level Chris! Hugely impressive. Andy 

Lord_ash2000 19 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Just one thing that stuck in my mind from reading this the other day. Does down climbing a route count as a tick? Not arguing about the challenge as it's a set thing with defined rules but in general climbing if you say solo'd a route then to save time down climbed an easier route that you haven't done before can you claim the tick? On-sight downclimb? Top down (rather than ground up) if you bottle it and climb back up etc? 😉

petegunn 19 May 2019
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

Iam sure I've read that in the early days a route wasn't climbed properly until you had been up and down. Glad that didn't catch on!

BrendanO 23 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Lovely article, and what an achievement! 

Well-done also for having some old-skool fuel in there, not all energy gels and Clif/Tribe/Veloforte bars (nothing against any particular brand). Maybe two pork pies and a sausage roll should be part of the rules...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...