UKC

Petzl Bolt Hanger question?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 19 Jun 2019

Just had a delivery of Petzl Bolt Hangers, first box was (as ordered) Stainless Coer marked 316L so no problems there.

The second box were not Coer's and they are marked with 12.2, 12.3 and 13.3 on the back of the hanger.

Of course they are not the 316L stainless ones I ordered, I'm guessing they are not fit for use in the outdoors as they may not be stainless. I just need to check if anyone knows what the numbers mean, as perhaps they are old stock and may well be ok?

Emilio Bachini 19 Jun 2019
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I’ve got some 10 and 12mm with 18.3 and 18.4 on them, so I’m interested to hear a response from someone. 

Mr Lopez 19 Jun 2019
In reply to Sl@te Head:

The 12.3, 13.3, 18.4, whatever, are the manufacturing dates, in the format xx.y where xx = year, y = quarter.

If the hanger isn't stainless it should say "steel" on it, but maybe that wasn't stamped back in 2012. Worth an email to Petzl i guess

Post edited at 23:00
OP Sl@te Head 19 Jun 2019
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Thanks for the explanation, they look like all the other stainless hangers I have and use. They are obviously old stock so difficult to be 100% sure that they are stainless, the numbers just threw me a bit...

danm 19 Jun 2019
In reply to Sl@te Head:

You can check if they are stainless with a magnet if unsure, austenitic stainless steels such as 316 are essentially non-magnetic, plated carbon steel the opposite.

Jon Greengrass 20 Jun 2019
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Ask the shop you bought them from, if they can't tell you, they can't be trusted. You might as well be using one of those import ropes from a well know on-line retailer.

Post edited at 15:18
 beardy mike 20 Jun 2019
In reply to danm:

Don't know why this got a down vote, it's a reasonable suggestion.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...