UKC

Blackdiamond project route @klättercentret

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PhilMW 28 Nov 2019

Has anyone got to the end of this yet? Its been a few years since it got put up....

c9smith8 28 Nov 2019
In reply to PhilMW:

No ascents I'm pretty sure.

I recently heard a rumour that it had been taken down, but can't find any confirmation of this...

OP PhilMW 28 Nov 2019
In reply to c9smith8:

That's a shame if it has. Ondra got pretty close to getting through the roof section. Mind you, I watched the making of it and the crimps after that section looked savage too!

JLS 28 Nov 2019
In reply to c9smith8:

>"I recently heard a rumour that it had been taken down"

There was talk that is would reappear seasonally.

I'm not totally convinsed that it will.

If Ondra can't do it in a time scale he's happy to commit to then who will?

Perhaps it'll sit in storage for 20 years until the next generation is ready to show how far we've come.

c9smith8 28 Nov 2019
In reply to PhilMW:

Allegedly Ondra has said it's hard 8b to the lip, then topped with an ~8c boulder above. So from memory that makes it is as hard as/harder than silence.

Can't imagine anyone committing the time/training to that level of indoors route anytime soon!!

OP PhilMW 29 Nov 2019
In reply to c9smith8:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Who other than this new generation of indoors only climbers would commit a massive chunk of time to something that is only temporary. The magic 10a grade was being thrown around and to think that not even the best climber in the world could get past the roof means that it could very well be.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...