UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Cogne – Icefall climbing in the Italian Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 20 Dec 2019
Groups enjoying the easily accessible ice cragging on the Lillaz Cascata. The small resort of Cogne sits at 1500 metres above sea level, on the edge of the Gran Paradiso National Park in northwest Italy. As well as being the cross-country skiing capital of Aosta, with over 70 kilometres of ski trails, Cogne is one of the world's great ice-climbing centres, attracting climbers from across the globe. Along the steep valley walls an array of frozen waterfalls provide some of the very best and most accessible ice climbs in Europe, from single-pitch ice crags to famous multi-pitch cascades and massive alpine adventures.

Read more
 Derry 20 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC Articles:

A really interesting article that has piqued my curiosity. However, currently the 'how to get there' section is a direct repeat of the 'when to go' section. Can you amend please, or advise in the comments here? Thanks

olddirtydoggy 20 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC Articles:

More articles like this please.

In reply to Derry:

Thanks for pointing this out. It should be sorted now.

Nick

beardy mike 20 Dec 2019
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

I’ve written a reasonably extensive guide to Val Pettorina in the Dolomites for ice climbing too at http://wildpettorina.com - there is an article on here about the serrai di sottoguda and another about mixed and ice climbing in the dolomites - the link I’ve provided is for a single (quite large) area.

olddirtydoggy 21 Dec 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

Thanks for the link, added to our list.

Post edited at 09:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...