UKC

NEWS: CWIF Restricted to Competitors-Only Event - Watch via Livestreams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Mar 2020

The Climbing Works have announced that attendance at the upcoming Climbing Works International Festival (CWIF) this weekend will be restricted to competitors only following government advice to restrict the spread of the novel coronavirus. Spectators can follow the action via the livestream instead.

Read more
 Durbs 12 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Sensible decision - though going to be weird for the competitors.

Can the audience live steam their encouragement?

Post edited at 14:38
 Durbs 12 Mar 2020
In reply to Durbs:

Like, if an organiser sets up a group Skype call, rigs it up to the speaker and everyone just dials in. I can see that working...

Neil Williams 12 Mar 2020
In reply to Durbs:

I think this year most sportspeople are going to have to get used to that, whatever the sport.

Iamgregp 12 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Against government advice... Really?  There were 60,000 people at Cheltenham today.

Dewi Williams 12 Mar 2020
In reply to Iamgregp:

The 60,000 folk at Cheltenham were predominantly wealthy and included the Queen and other Royals, how could this possibly have been cancelled!

Ssshhh 12 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

The below represents the advice issued by the UK Gov, https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-...

Not random BS made up by event organisers...

Post edited at 19:55
 Pedro50 12 Mar 2020
In reply to Ssshhh:

So a government website refers to people as "which" rather than who. We are all dehumanised potential victims apparently. I may self-immolate. 

Ssshhh 12 Mar 2020
In reply to Pedro50:

Wow. You're really a big picture kinda guy, clearly.

Iamgregp 13 Mar 2020
In reply to Dewi Williams:

Not sure that’s quite right. I go to the races fairly often and the vast majority of race goers aren’t what you would call wealthy.  They’re just normal working people like the rest of us.

Although the queen loves a day at the races she wasn’t there today.

GoneFishing111 16 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

I watched the livestream and there was a crowd of people watching and cheering on the competitors? 

Ian W 16 Mar 2020
In reply to GoneFishing111:

They were the semifinalists for the most part - 29 of whom didnt make it to the final (not 28, as a tie meant 21 males in the semi's).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...