UKC

ARTICLE: Memories of the Mountains

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 30 Apr 2020
Cloggy

Heather Dawe delves into her memories of climbing, mountains, moorland and boulders and how through the process of sketching and writing, the urge to climb came back.

Read more
 gooberman-hill 01 May 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

Lovely piece of writing and nice art. Thank you for sharing Heather. I remember Valet from my one visit many years ago with Alan Gilchrist. A wonderful bouldering ground.

One small question: isn't the final image the Aiguille de l'M and the Petit Charmoz, not the Midi?

freemanTom 02 May 2020

Lovely writing, I loved away from Yorkshire this year so brought back some memories of the grit. Otley Wall is a pig at the grade. 

cragtyke 02 May 2020

A nice read and a fair reflection on the current state of Caley, I was surprised how overgrown the area around the main crag had become when I last went.

I like the rock paintings but isn't that Central Climb, one of my favourite routes, rather than Overhanging Groove?

Apologies for the pedantry but I need to get out more.

Matt Podd 02 May 2020

Local Hero! Otley - The centre of the universe!

heather dawe 08 May 2020
In reply to gooberman-hill:

Thank you very much and, yes, it's the Aiguille l'M, scene of my first alpine climb. The caption in the article is incorrect (I did supply the correct name). Nevermind

heather dawe 08 May 2020
In reply to cragtyke:

I have climbed both but a long time ago... will check and thanks for pointing out. Nothing wrong with a bit of pedantry!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...