UKC

100 Moves | Climbing Film

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simwarren 23 Nov 2020

Whilst I can't get out on the Grit at the moment due to covid restrictions etc, I needed to keep busy & the psyche high, so here's a little lockdown video project of the last years worth of footage from the Peak District to Fontainebleau.  

100 Moves in 3 minutes!

youtube.com/watch?v=YKbqpLcGtmY&

Cheers,

Sim

Iamgregp 23 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Very nice, well put together....

Pete Dangerous 23 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Even had southern sandstone included. Nice!

In reply to simwarren:

Nice work

In reply to simwarren:

Awesome 👍🏻

Ian65 23 Nov 2020
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Excellent 😁👍

climb the peak 23 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Brilliant, really good quality

In reply to simwarren:

Lovely!

Michael Hood 24 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Really enjoyed this, it's got a lovely dynamic to it.

Ben Farley 24 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

That was boss, I loved it. Thank you for making and sharing.

mic_b 24 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Brill vid. One of the best

SiobhanStraver 26 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

That was cool! As someone who keeps thinking I should get more into bouldering, I'm now thinking I need to get better at big moves. 

In reply to simwarren:

A great piece of work. I can't think that anyone's ever made such a wide-ranging compilation before. Nice ending too  

(Shocking to see just how plastered in chalk the Fandango wall at Bowles has become ...)

Andy Gamisou 26 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Tempted to counter this with a movie featuring my wife, except it'd be "3 moves in 100 minutes", and probably less fun to watch.  Nice short, who knows what's in the mind of those dishing out the dislikes.

Removed User 26 Nov 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Great!

Ross Barker 26 Nov 2020
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

> Tempted to counter this with a movie featuring my wife, except it'd be "3 moves in 100 minutes", and probably less fun to watch.  Nice short, who knows what's in the mind of those dishing out the dislikes.

My observation would be because this user just appears to be sharing his videos on here without actually making any sort of discussion or replying to comments, so some would just see it as an attempt at cheap advertising?

FWIW I very much enjoyed the video too.

OP simwarren 01 Dec 2020
In reply to Ben Farley:

Thanks Ben - Appreciate it!

OP simwarren 01 Dec 2020
In reply to Ross Barker:

Hey Ross,   Sorry for my silence - I've been wrangling kids, trying to work (due to covid, my work has completely disappeared) and I don't have notifications turned on so I didn't realise there were this many messages.   Advertising or to spark a discussion, either way, I like to share my films with people who might enjoy the time and effort we put in, as you can see, it's a fun channel, unattached to any brand etc.  Have been making and sharing video content since the late 90's and have always thoroughly enjoyed reading through the comments when I'm aware of them!

Thanks for watching !

Sim

OP simwarren 01 Dec 2020
In reply to mic_b:

Thanks Mic!

Ross Barker 01 Dec 2020
In reply to simwarren:

I can totally see where you're coming from, and I can appreciate how much time and resource goes into a quality film so it's only fair to want to share the work you're proud of!

Would like to see more in future, as well as possibly some with more of a story - although a well made compilation definitely has its place.

Best of luck with future projects!

emma1987 01 Dec 2020
In reply to simwarren:

PHYSCHED!!! 

Si dH 01 Dec 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Hi Sim, since you wanted feedback...

I feel like a grumpy sod seeing all the good feedback you've got, but I didn't like the film. It felt like one long trailer and I wanted to see the problems climbed in full. I don't get much out of seeing individual moves.

It must have taken a lot of time and effort to film all that and you obviously took care to find a decent/spot angle for most problems, since you didn't seem to have a tripod, so good effort (I know this can often be difficult!)

Also loads of those are really great problems.

Si

Post edited at 21:53
 Michael Hood 02 Dec 2020
In reply to Si dH:

Maybe it needs a long version as well, but I think what you're missing is that this isn't really a film about bouldering, which is what it sounds like you want.

Even if that wasn't the OP's intent, IMO it's a film about excitement that uses bouldering as its subject material.

Andy Gamisou 03 Dec 2020
In reply to Ross Barker:

> My observation would be because this user just appears to be sharing his videos on here without actually making any sort of discussion or replying to comments, so some would just see it as an attempt at cheap advertising?

Ah, I dare say that's it.  Seems a bit harsh though - how else will people get to know about such stuff though? Having to pay for UKC advertising seems a bit excessive  for something you put together in your own time and at your own expense and just want to make available to others for free.  Be altruistic and get "dislikes" for your efforts seems mean spirited to me, but sadly seems to be the "spirit of the age" these days.  Sad old man shuffles off stage right....

OP simwarren 03 Dec 2020
In reply to Si dH:

Hey Si thanks for watching!  If you see the other videos on my channel, it’s filled with beta films, long form content that is all about sharing beta and documenting sends. Some people might moan at those films for being a little dull.    Super simple, nothing more.   This is just a bit of fun, trying something abit different. Not going to please everyone.  I agree if we consider the terminology of the word film, it’s not really a film, no narrative no full climbs,  but like Michael just mentioned, I guess a sequence of images of bouldering moves that perhaps might inspire somebody to get off the couch if they were sat at home bored of beta films.

cheers for the feedback!

OP simwarren 03 Dec 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

Spot on Michael, something a little different, no biggie, but it’s about energy, bouldering, celebrating the moves that we all love doing!

OP simwarren 03 Dec 2020
In reply to Ross Barker:

Appreciate it 👌🏽

OP simwarren 03 Dec 2020
In reply to Si dH:

Also Si, for something a little longer you might like this one I made a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHwjb36B1c&

Best

Sim

BenSends 09 Dec 2020
In reply to simwarren:

Just watched these, superb stuff. really enjoyed them on my daily commute to work. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...