UKC

African Championship Broadcast

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian W 09 Dec 2020

The African Continental Championahips and olympic qualifying comp is being broadcast on youtube......if they can get enough subscribers (youtube; no cost at all).

Please help out by going to ClimbAfrica2020 channel on youtube and subscribe....

Many Thanks

Ian

In reply to Ian W:

Subbed, let's see what happens...

minimike 09 Dec 2020
In reply to Boris\'s Johnson:

Done. How many do they need?

OP Ian W 09 Dec 2020
In reply to minimike:

Getting pretty close now.

Thanks to anyone who helps!

David Alcock 09 Dec 2020
In reply to Ian W:

Done. Here's the link to make it easier:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYgxGEVRPJOlRRbyizc5DzA

McHeath 09 Dec 2020
In reply to Ian W:

Done. 

Anybody know what happened to the Asian championships? Supposed to start today, but the IFSC website is one big blank on that menu. 

OP Ian W 09 Dec 2020
In reply to Ian W:

Only 4 more needed!

flour 09 Dec 2020
In reply to Ian W:

Done

In reply to McHeath:

Asian championships was cancelled. No one to organise it - China had cancelled all international events that weren't somehow linked to the Winter Olympics in Beijing. Japan weren't going to bother hosting as they already have their Olympic quota full. And Korea, well why would they bother hosting when by default the places go to Chaehyun Seo and Jongwon Chon.

Qwerty2019 10 Dec 2020
In reply to Ian W:

I take it you are not able to go out and judge.  Will be interested to see the standard.

Post edited at 16:23
OP Ian W 10 Dec 2020
In reply to Qwerty2019:

its less "not going out there" and more "not being able to get back" and the small matter of 2 weeks quarantine, which would have ended approx Jan 6. I tried everything, and even the intervention of my MP couldn't sway the foreign office on this, even though I offered to get covid tests before coming back.

Graeme Alderson os out there anyway as IFSC Tech delegate, and he's "pretty good" on the rules as it happens.

McHeath 10 Dec 2020
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Thanks! I couldn't find any info anywhere. 

Qwerty2019 11 Dec 2020
In reply to Ian W:

Such a shame.  Sounded like you were looking forward to it.  Lily and I are planning to watch it.  Might have to dust off my Zambian birth certificate

Qwerty2019 11 Dec 2020
In reply to Ian W:

If you dont mind me asking Ian.  Why is there such a GBR presence in the organizing at this event?  

OP Ian W 11 Dec 2020
In reply to Qwerty2019:

> If you dont mind me asking Ian.  Why is there such a GBR presence in the organizing at this event? 

Just one of those things; Graeme A is a senior IFSC bod and does Tech Delegate thing all over the world several times a year; and I could take the opportunity to help out at a more senior level at an international under his watchful eye. The Chief Setter, Yann, isnt quite so GBR though

Its not a unique situation; Tim Hatch also does Tech Delegate / JP duties for the IFSC (and wrote the current rules). Percy Bishton and Jamie Cassidy are often Chief Setter (indeed Percy is Chief Setter for the bouldering in the olympics); GBR peeps are very active in IFSC / comp life.

Post edited at 11:04

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...