UKC

re-slinging BD cams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GraMc 13 Dec 2020

Finally getting round to replacing my very aged and battered WC tech friends. 

BD cams are my favourite (find the extendable sings on DMM and WC faffy in winter), but I want to invest in a set I can get reslinged (which i think DMM and WC do?) 

does anyone know what the deal is getting new slings put on BDs? expensive? need to ship em to the states?

Wil Treasure 13 Dec 2020
In reply to GraMc:

They did mine for free this year, I had to pay postage to the states, which was less than 20 quid for a whole set.

Jamie Wakeham 13 Dec 2020
In reply to GraMc:

BD: will re-sling, for free - you just have to pay postage to the states, so it's actually good value.  I found it very hard to get hold of them to book the service in the first place, but after that it went very smoothly.

DMM: will re-sling, and charge a sensible fee for doing so.  Turnaround is obviously faster than BD!

Totem: will resling, cheaper than DMM, have to post to Spain.

WC: currently cannot re-sling.  Last I heard they aimed to provide this service in the future but there's nothing concrete.

OP GraMc 13 Dec 2020

Cheers guys.

PaulJepson 13 Dec 2020
In reply to GraMc:

Have sent cams to BD to be reslung a couple of times. They're great and turnaround time was fast. Cost £20 to post and BD cover the return postage. 

Wild Country announced that they would be offering reslinging in Europe back in June I think but when I contacted them a month or so ago they were still singing from the old hymn sheet and sounded like they had got no closer to setting it up. It's almost like that news article came out as a direct defense against a thread about what cams to buy around the same time. Rather than getting it set up and announcing it, they just said 'errr, well, maybe we will get it set up. Buy our cams!'.

For anyone who has used dmm's reslinging service, how much did it cost? I don't have any of their cams but would be good to know for hexes/bulldogs. 

In reply to PaulJepson: 

> Wild Country announced that they would be offering reslinging in Europe back in June I think but when I contacted them a month or so ago they were still singing from the old hymn sheet and sounded like they had got no closer to setting it up. It's almost like that news article came out as a direct defense against a thread about what cams to buy around the same time. Rather than getting it set up and announcing it, they just said 'errr, well, maybe we will get it set up. Buy our cams!'.

it's still on the cards just covid has hampered their efforts as they haven't had a chance to find the right person. Would appear that finding a company to do the bar tack and have it certified is proving tricky. 

They've looked at options in the UK and Europe and will update in due course. They're also trying to establish just how used the service would be.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...