UKC

NEWS: Changabang and the Mirrors of a Repetition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Dec 2020
Changabang

This week's Friday Night Video takes us to the Himalayan peak of Changabang where we follow three alpinists from the French High Military Group. The film tells the story of their very short weather window to ascend the mountain, whilst simultaneously reliving the stories of previous ascentionists.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant film.

olddirtydoggy 26 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC News:

More of this.

Doug 26 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC News:

wasn't this posted a few weeks ago? I enjoyed watching it & I'm sure it was as a link from here .

tehmarks 26 Dec 2020
In reply to Doug:

I think someone posted in in the expedition and alpine forum. Brilliant film, stunning effort.

simes303 27 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC News:

That was really excellent, although it was spoiled a bit by the philosophical crap.

GrahamD 27 Dec 2020
In reply to simes303:

> That was really excellent, although it was spoiled a bit by the philosophical crap.

Its French.  A bit of philosophising is pretty much de rigueur. 

Damo 28 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks for putting this up, it's great.

For the 2019 AAJ this represented us with a bit of a conundrum, as it's technically covering no new ground - a fact that would normally exclude it in these pushed-for-space times - but the rapidity of the repeat over such technical ground and the historical context of linking the two British climbs meant we felt it should be squeezed in. They had some great pics too, which unfortunately we could only present a few of online: 

http://publications.americanalpineclub.org/articles/13201215097

It's also a good example of how not going to the main summit of a peak *can* be quite irrelevant if the nature, style and intent of the climb is taken into consideration and communicated well.

simes303 28 Dec 2020
In reply to GrahamD:

It still spoiled it a bit.

HP 29 Dec 2020
In reply to UKC News:

That looked really hard and scary. That’s changabang crossed off my ticklist .......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...