UKC

Orgon near Cavaillon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stairclimber 31 Oct 2021

Anyone have any current info about the easier climbing at Orgon? Haven't been there for years, but remember hearing something about a fire, rockfall, limited access etc over the last 10 years or so.

Qisheng Xie 31 Oct 2021
In reply to Stairclimber:

We went there a couple of weeks ago, access was fine.

jon 31 Oct 2021
In reply to Stairclimber:

I've climbed there a couple of times in the last two years. Nothing seems to have changed - well, maybe just a little more polished on the really easily accessed routes. But rest assured, it's just as severely graded as before!

KrisNash 31 Oct 2021
In reply to jon:

Went back pre covid for what must be my 10th trip since going there as a student after reading an article in 'High'. Still using my Orgon 90 guide book...

Especially with more polish these days, the grading on the morning side of the crag is a bit of a challenge (papy/babylon/actors studio). 

The rockfall only affected a couple of routes on  NotreDame

Camping La Vallee Heureuse has had a few upgrades over the years and was still on ideal base

jon 01 Nov 2021
In reply to KrisNash:

> Camping La Vallee Heureuse has had a few upgrades over the years and was still on ideal base

Yes, it's great isn't it? So nice not to have to drive anywhere, and out of school holidays is nice and quiet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...