UKC

Ratho time slots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

planning to travel to ratho from couple of hours away. Just realised that mid week time slots are 10-3.30 and 4-9, which is not ideal for us. Does anyone know if there is any flexibility on these times. Ideal for us would be 1-6 for example. Thanks.

In reply to steve.aisthorpe:

Probably not what you want to hear, sorry.

No flexibility that I’ve seen between the two blocks. Only flexibility is you don’t have to arrive exactly at the time of the actual session starting time you book (i.e. you can book say a 10am start but arrive 11 or after).*

Unless it’s changed since last time I was there before Christmas, you would have to book a session starting in the each of the two main blocks; members even have still to leave the arena for the half hour of cleaning that takes place between the two main blocks per day.

* BTW I assume you know that you have to be “verified” to climb/boulder and this has to be as I understand it since the new system came in last year. New registration was required with the new system. If not verified you need to arrive for one of the two only sessions per day - 10 or 4pm.

In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Thanks. That's helpful.

james1978 02 Jan 2022
In reply to steve.aisthorpe:

Hi Steve, we travelled down from Inverness before xmas and arrived with 1  hour to go before the Sunday morning session was over. We were told that there's no flexibility/discression allowed and would have to wait until the afternoon session or pay twice which was frustrating after a long drive!

Robert Durran 02 Jan 2022
In reply to james1978:

It does all seem a bit daft. I can't see how leaving the arena between sessions to sit upstairs for half an hour while it is disinfected or whatever can have any meaningful benefits, especially when it is rather well ventilated, vastly spacious, never exactly crowded and the holds aren't cleaned anyway.

In reply to james1978:

Thanks James. Thats good to know. We're gonna head down early to make the most of the 10-3.30 session.

Garethza 02 Jan 2022
In reply to Robert Durran:

And they are open for one less hour in the evenings.. two I guess if you count the lost time between the sessions as well?

Robert Durran 02 Jan 2022
In reply to Garethza:

> And they are open for one less hour in the evenings.. two I guess if you count the lost time between the sessions as well?

Yes, it will be interesting to see whether the closing time reverts to 10pm weekdays and 6pm weekends or whether those hours will be a permanent casualty of covid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...