UKC

Silicone wiper blades

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 02 Feb 2022

Hello,

Anyone used silicone blades on their car? Did you find them worth the extra expense? 

Thanks all,

BB

artif 02 Feb 2022
In reply to bouldery bits:

Yes, found them useless, they were too good at wiping the screen and juddered in light rain. Split after sticking to the screen in a very light frost. 

OP bouldery bits 02 Feb 2022
In reply to artif:

Thanks for the rapid response. I'll just get rubber Bosch ones  

artif 02 Feb 2022

That's what I use. 👍

fmck 03 Feb 2022

Tell you what windscreen water repellent treatment is amazing. Not so good in town slow moving but once up to speed wipers are pointless.

LastBoyScout 03 Feb 2022
In reply to fmck:

> Tell you what windscreen water repellent treatment is amazing. Not so good in town slow moving but once up to speed wipers are pointless.

Yes, I use that, too - I've got Rain Wizard, Rain-X and something else in the garage. All good.

artif 03 Feb 2022
In reply to fmck:

Rain X is a great product, I  use it regularly as old car wipers are generally hopeless. It takes a bit of care to apply correctly but really makes a difference at speed. 

George Fisher 03 Feb 2022
In reply to artif:

Kinda related. Have people tried rain x on glasses?  Can’t see why it wouldn’t work to stop droplets ruining my sight. 

robert-hutton 03 Feb 2022
In reply to George Fisher:

> Kinda related. Have people tried rain x on glasses?  Can’t see why it wouldn’t work to stop droplets ruining my sight. 

If you are sprinting or in a hurricane I think it might work, but don't turn your back to the wind.😁

Post edited at 13:36
 LastBoyScout 03 Feb 2022

I've got some other stuff for stopping mirrors and glasses fogging up, but can't remember what it's called. It's sort of a wax stick that you rub on and polish off.

Dax H 03 Feb 2022

Rain X can work very well on glasses but not in light rain. Big drops will slide off but light rain doesn't have the weight to overcome the friction and where light rain sort of disapates on the glasses with rain X it beefs up in to tiny droplets.

Also I don't know if it's changed but rain x used to attack plastic, it was glass only. 

Alkis 03 Feb 2022

Not a reply to a particular post, but since we're discussing wipers, I've had great success with this thingie:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Regroove-Trimmer-Restorer-Windscreen-Universal/dp/...

It gives new life to wiper blades.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...