UKC

Baggy point tides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timmyhobby 22 Mar 2022

Hi, anyone know how long after high tide Long Rock is acsessable, its high tide at 9.30 on Thursday and a 8m height, would the Lost Horizon base still be above water? Hopeing to make a full day of it so want to go as early as possible 

Moacs 22 Mar 2022
In reply to timmyhobby:

Depends on the state of the swell too.  I'd go down early, there are worse places to sit and wait...

The Pylon King 22 Mar 2022
In reply to timmyhobby:

Yeah LH base should be accesible. Sea should be pretty calm with this high pressure and easterlies.

In reply to timmyhobby:

If tide too high you can always do something like Kinky Boots or Midnight Cowboy whilst you wait.

OP timmyhobby 22 Mar 2022
In reply to timmyhobby:

Thanks all! Can't wait to get down there in this lovely weather 

Cobra_Head 22 Mar 2022
In reply to timmyhobby:

While you're there make sure you climb Urizon, let us know what you think.

scope 22 Mar 2022
In reply to timmyhobby:

I didn't enjoy Urizon personally. Very repetative and a bit chossy on the right hand side. Lost Horizon however I thought was fantastic.

OP - The base of Lost Horizon is the highest point of the tidal ledge. This is also where the usual abseil point is.

kevin stephens 23 Mar 2022
In reply to timmyhobby:

Ilfracombe has a 1m swell with 9 second period from the west forecast for Thursday morning so expect to get soaked on some tidal ledges

Post edited at 06:55
 alan moore 23 Mar 2022
In reply to kevin stephens:

Mr Moore Senior video'd the groundswell swamping the pebble ridge at Westward Ho! yesterday. The sea was dead calm between sets; keep an eye out at Baggy!

kevin stephens 23 Mar 2022
In reply to alan moore: yes the ground swell was massive over the weekend at 12 seconds; I was sea kayaking off Anglesey where it made things quite exciting 

Steve Woollard 24 Mar 2022
In reply to timmyhobby:

I think Long Rock has a bird ban inforce at the moment. But normally 3 hours either side of high tide works

Cobra_Head 24 Mar 2022
In reply to scope:

> I didn't enjoy Urizon personally. Very repetative and a bit chossy on the right hand side. Lost Horizon however I thought was fantastic.

Ha ha, that was my point, the most boring climb ever, the same move over and over and over and over.

> OP - The base of Lost Horizon is the highest point of the tidal ledge. This is also where the usual abseil point is.

LH is great, really liked it, Urizon is worth doing simply because you'll never forget it.

whenry 24 Mar 2022
In reply to Steve Woollard:

No, there's been no bird ban on Long Rock for several years.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...