UKC

Is the Cobbler clear of snow/ice hazards?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 27 Mar 2022

Thanks.

elsewhere 27 Mar 2022
In reply to Phil1919:

Only small patches of snow in Arrochar yesterday so I think so. However I was cycling so didn't get higher than 400m.

colinakmc 27 Mar 2022
In reply to Phil1919:

I was on Ben Ledi on Wednesday and (in the middle of the day) had about 10m of slushy snow to walk over, in the gap after the last false summit. If it’d been on the Cobbler, I.e. with a drop nearby, and frozen in the early morning, it might have been tricky without crampons or axe.

OP Phil1919 27 Mar 2022
In reply to colinakmc:

Thanks both. Really helpful.

daftdazza 28 Mar 2022
In reply to Phil1919:

The cobbler is almost completely free of snow, none on any of the main paths today

OP Phil1919 28 Mar 2022
In reply to daftdazza:

Great. Just got down from Ben Vane. Same there. Lovely and calm. Nice views. Shame about the sheep.

OP Phil1919 29 Mar 2022
In reply to Phil1919:

Yes, the beauty and form of the 'Arrochar Alps' is stunning but it is an industrial landscape. Conifer plantations and sheep grazed to death. Everywhere. With the odd reservoir coming into view which has a death zone in between the high and low watermarks where very little can live. I did see a fox scavenging in a beer garden in the village. Nature, however, has been fundamentally depleted. When will we turn the corner and change our ways? The mountains would hold so much more of interest.

Still the skies are lightening and the silhouetted hills look good as a backdrop to the Loch and in the half light the damage hides away.

alan moore 29 Mar 2022
In reply to Phil1919:

> the silhouetted hills look good as a backdrop to the Loch and in the half light the damage hides away.

A few windmills would sort that out.

Post edited at 07:21
OP Phil1919 29 Mar 2022
In reply to alan moore:

Ah yes. Bring 'em on : )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...